Thread: Sharing a Gmail address and simultaneous access to two accounts

Sharing a Gmail address and simultaneous access to two accounts

I am using the Gmail from long time, but there are still somethings that I have never succeeded in doing. I have heard (from my friends), that we can sharing a Gmail address and along with that it is also possible to access two accounts simultaneously?! I have never done this before, so thought that you members will provide some information about it. Please tell me how can I share my Gmail address and simultaneous access to two accounts? I am sure that someone hanging out there must have done such kind of things and will provide some good information.

Re: Sharing a Gmail address and simultaneous access to two accounts

One of the most useful options available to users who use Gmail with Google Apps is the ability to share access to e-mail with other people. This function is very useful for small and large companies who may need a shared email account so that you can read and send emails without having to wait for the actual owner and without having to enter your credentials. A few days ago that shared access to Gmail is available to all those who have an address abc@gmail.com. Its utility is that it now becomes possible to have a shared management of a single email address like this, coming in with two or more different accounts (maximum 10), it uses this address only to receive messages.

In cases of emergency then, if the account owner could not read the post, may delegate the task to someone else to read and respond to an e-mail, without having to give your password. Those who are enabled to manage that account can read, send and delete mail and access the directory from Google. It can not however change your account settings (such as passwords), or chat on your behalf. To grant access to another account, you must click on the Settings link at the top right corner of Gmail. In the 'Accounts' tab you will see a new section where you can "Give in to your account". You can add only those with a Google account and then use another Gmail account, you can not use an email address anywhere.

The new account will receive an email with the link to accept or deny access. The person receiving the delegation and agrees, you will need to disconnect from your account but will make a concurrent access. You will see a small down arrow next to the email address in the upper right corner of Gmail you need to switch from one account to another. Each account is opened in a new tab or browser window so you can view your Gmail messages to both, simultaneously. The only problem for now is that if one of those who use the account you log out and exit, all the rest are thrown out and have to log in again with username and password. A feature available for some months is that instead of being able to use multiple Google accounts simultaneously.

A feature available for some months is that instead of being able to use multiple Google accounts simultaneously.
    This time the setting is in your account options under "concurrent access". This access allows simultaneous use of multiple accounts together, so you can read e-mail addresses of two GMail, Google Reader account to use two, use two calendars and manage two sites belonging to two different accounts. Also on the options you can add Gmail to another email address that can be used to access Gmail or other online services from Google. This is useful because, if your main account was hacked, you can always restore access and regain possession of your account.