Thread: Windows 7 will not connect to the internet

Windows 7 will not connect to the internet

Really what is the issue with this new Operating System that I have just installed on my system when I was having Windows XP I had never experienced the issue but suddenly I have seen that the issue has started to emerge here. When I try to make my connection to the internet I have seen that I cannot get this till I Unplug the CORD and then again make the connection here. Well at first it was happening in this manner but after days passed I have seen that now it requires a system reboot to make the connection. If I do not do that then I can see the connection established but really cannot see Internet here. When I launch the Internet Explorer I have seen the Page not found error there. Is there any solution in the case here?

Re: Windows 7 will not connect to the internet

You have just mentioned that you were using Windows XP and then you have recently installed the Windows 7 here. If that is the case then let me tell you that you will be required to update the Drivers here and then see if that can solve the issue that you are having here. It will be really great if you can have the updated drivers in your case there and see if that can really solve the issue that you are having here. I am of the opinion that you are using the same drivers that you were using for the Windows XP and that had not cause you the issue yet but I can see that it is coming up now with the issue here. So it will be really great if you can have the required drivers for your modem and make a reboot and see if the issue gets solved after this.

It seems to me the there is some issue with the Firewall and if that is the case then you can try to make the changes and see if you can have the issue solved here. In addition to this I also want to just notify that the issues can be because of lack of drivers as well but with this you can also try to go with the diagnostic here. Usually with the new installation of Windows 7 issues has been observed and you will have to see for the steps below so that you can be out of the issue here. You might be getting the issue because of a third-party firewall or the current anti-virus program running on your system there. If that may be the case then please make way for uninstalling it there. The reason for this may be that they might work with Windows XP but when it comes to Windows 7 then they might be not finding it compatible here. They can wedge out the connections to the Internet.

Clearly the issue can be because of the drivers and if possible please see that you install it at the earliest there. If you are not able to make the perfect choice in case of the Drivers then you can go with the compatibility mode of installation of the DRIVERS and see if that can really help you there. This is also known as Installing the DRIVERS in the Emulation Mode. Just on the Drivers executable file i.e. .exe file make a right-click. Then go in the Properties tab and select the Compatibility tab. After that you will have to check the box that has the option Run this program in compatibility mode for. Then choose the Operating System that you would like from the several options given below. Please choose Windows XP in your case and wait for the drivers to get installed .After the completion of the installation then you can go with rebooting he system. Do this and see if the issue gets solved.

You can definitely try the fix given below and can let me know if that fixed the issue of yours there. First of all on Screen Click on the Start symbol or Hit the Windows Symbol on the keyboard. Then in that you will be required to make a right click on the Computer Option there and then you will have to choose the Manage option there. After this getting completed successfully you will have to expand the Services and Applications. Now make a click on Services and then see for this value there: Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762. You will have to double click on this and after that you will see a window opening. Now beneath the General Tab you will have to Select Disabled option from the Drop Down Box there. After this see if you can have the connection issue of yours solved there.

It seems to me that you are having the issue with the ETHERNET cable and hence the issue. If you are getting the connection failed or something like that or if you are having the issue while surfing the Internet and you have noticed that the download speed has suffered here then it will be better if you can just have the Cable replaced there and see if that solve the issues that you are having with your system there. This is the thing that you can do after all the things that have been mentioned above fails for you there. Let me know if this was the issue there.