Thread: Unable to restore the windows live contacts from backup

Unable to restore the windows live contacts from backup

I have upgraded the operating system of my system from windows XP to windows 7 and since I want to do this I have took backup of the required data. Now the thing here is that I am not able to restore the windows live contacts back on the system. And also one thing that I want to tell you here is that I don’t know how to restore it. Have anyone ever tried and took the backup and then restore the contacts back if yes then please let me know how to do the same.

Re: Unable to restore the windows live contacts from backup

After the installation of windows 7 the GUID will definitely be changed now what you have to do here is that find the GUID in the folders which are associated with the windows live messenger and then you have to replace the GUID with the one which you have took backup from and immediately restart the system. What it will do is will give you all the contacts that you took as a backup earlier. I hope that this will help your cause.

As you said that you have installed the windows 7 operating system instead of windows XP so one thing is confirmed that the windows live that you are already using will give you the compatibility issue. Now what you have to do in this case is that install the WLM which is compatible with the windows 7 that is just download the updated and the advanced version and the install it and afterwards try and restore the contacts with no error . I am sure that this will help you to solve the error which you are getting.

Well I am also facing the similar kind of problem where following reinstallation the Windows 7and Windows Live Mail, replication the earlier files did work and there is not significance Windows Live Contacts from file option. What would occur when I replaced the stuffing of the DBStore folder is I would get a blunder when running the Windows Live Mail Client and it wouldn't see any of the earlier contacts even though I could see from a double inspection of the contacts.edb file they were there.