Thread: No Thunderbird Mail Notification in the linux mint

No Thunderbird Mail Notification in the linux mint

I am currently using Ubuntu 10.10 there is a panel type applet which shows the mail notification with the thunderbird, it was pretty interesting feature. Actually the same feature is not to be noticed with the mint edition. Actually I want a permanent panel icon and along with it a temporary pop up feature supported. So can I get these features in the mint edition? If you are having any idea then please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: No Thunderbird Mail Notification in the linux mint

Well In order to set the permanent panel icon In the Linux mint you have to perform the following functions
    1) Browse the program and from menu go to the applications.
    2) Select whatever program you want to add in the panel and then right click on it and select the add to the panel program.
    3) After you have placed in the empty panel then select lock to panel
    This will allow you to get a permanent panel I con in the Linux mint. Hope you have got the necessary solution.

Well looking at the mail notification in the Thunderbird that you were asking, then let me tell you that you can definitely do it with the help of the Linux mint. Do follow these steps
    1) Go to the menu and then select the software manager
    2) In the search box you have to type indicator-applet-complete and then click on install.
    3) After that click on the panel and select the indicator panel. So that It gets added to the panel.
    4) After that you have to add the add-on Indicators for Thunderbird
    5) For that download the extension and after doing that go to the tools and then select the add on.
    6) Select the particular xpi file and then install it accordingly.
    So hope you have got the necessary solution.

Hey thanks a lot for the support. Now its really working with my existing mint system. The particular indicator notifies me the mail, whenever a new mail enters into my inbox in Thunderbird. However I have one small query here. The query is that the indicator icon which notifies me the mail, does not changes its icon when the mail comes and also it just displays and disappears after sometime. So any solution for this. Please do let me know.

Well it does not appears in my case. There is particular icon which show the mail and only after I click on it, then only it disappears. Well the only other solution that i can give you is to try switch to the evolution Indicator. That might help you. The one that you are using is the standard indicator applet. So do try searching the internet for the evolution indicator. Hope you get it there. I hope this solution helps you get the desired solution for you.