Thread: Opera fails to open Amazon Kindle page

Opera fails to open Amazon Kindle page

Well where is the issue here. I really do not know if there is some issue with the browser or there is some issue with the Amazon site or there is some issue with the Internet connection that I have here. I have seen that there is no issue with opening the Home Page of Amazon; but when I try to open the Kindle page of Amazon I have seen that Opera Just gives time out error here. I really do not know what can be the possible remedy here in the situation of mine. When I was using the browser it was opening it from the site without much issue but after I upgraded to the latest Opera 11 I have seen this issue here. I have seen that it sometimes hangs on the page and after sometime it just gives the error that the page that has been requested cannot be opened. Please let me know where is the issue actually located. I really want Opera to work in the manner it was working before.

Re: Opera fails to open Amazon Kindle page

Let me tell you that actually the issue that you are getting is because of the installation of the new release of the updates for Opera. Well I have seen that most of the users are complaining about many issues here and I would recommend that it will be great if you can get rid of this update that you have installed for the Opera Browser here. Also let me tell you that I have seen that sites like PayPal or say eBay are really taking long time to open and hence I think that you might be getting the issue here. So if you want all the functionalities then rolling back will be a great move.

Opera 11 is really buggy and let me suggest you that it will be great if you can uninstall this version of Opera from Control Panel and go with the installation of the previous version of Opera Mini that you have running on your system here. Go for the clean installation of the browser and then just disable the automatic updates for the Opera Browser here. If you will not do this then there are chances that after installing the Opera it might get updated to the newer version again and the issue may not get solved. So, please disable automatic updates here.

Have you tried opening the Kindle Page of Amazon on other browsers. Please try this and let me know. If the pages get opened on the other browsers then for sure the issue is with the Opera Browser and uninstalling it will be a great idea here. If it does not open on the other browser then let me tell you that there must be some issue with the internet connection of yours here. In addition to this please also see if you have a dial up connection here. With the dial up connection I have seen that Opera is not able to cope up. So it will be better if you can check for the Internet connection.

I am of the opinion that I have the solution in your case and let me tell you that you will be able to get this solved by making use of the site preferences. Open up the page and then make a right click on it. After making the Right Click you will be required to MASK this particular page for the Firefox browser and that too in the Network tab. Hope that after doing this you will be able to open the Amazon Page on this very browser.

In my opinion rolling back to the previous version of Opera and that too Opera 10.63 the standard version will really help you to get out of the issue of the Amazon Kindle page here. Let me tell you that you can uninstall it from the Control Panel and then after you are done with this you will have to use the CCleaner. After running the CCleaner you will be required to go for the installation of the Opera browser; install the 10.63 version or older but please do not go with the Opera 11. After the successful installation you will be required to turn off the automatic updates for the browser. Try this and let me know if you were able to have the things working in proper manner. Let me get notified about the same.