Thread: Unable to record audio from Internet Radio stations

Unable to record audio from Internet Radio stations

I am not able to record audio from internet radio by means of SoundBlaster X-fi, Roxio or windows media. Novel Dell Inspiron running Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. Anyone have any ideas? I newly acquired a novel Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 with a SoundBlaster X-fi card. I required recording music off of Internet radio stations, but have been not capable to record audio utilizing Creative, Roxio or Windows media player. I burned one disk fruitfully in Roxio, but that is it. Dell states the soundcard is functioning correctly and basically gave up. The recorder seems to record music, but there are no levels stirring. While I playback the file, there is no sound. I may return the PC in the next some days if I cannot get this to work.

Re: Unable to record audio from Internet Radio stations

Are you sure this is not a Windows 7 problem? I have the similar trouble that take place only while I switched from windows XP to Windows 7. The sound card is the similar. Like all the other users I cannot choose the sound card because it is not listed. This appears like a Windows 7 trouble and not a sound card trouble. I checked with Creative and installed the most recent drivers. If I had this function in windows XP then I should have it in Windows 7.

Just follow the below steps, which may help you to solve your issue:
    1. Just Right Click on the sound icon in your task bar
    2. Choose recording devices
    3. Right Click under any symbols in the white space
    4. You should observe Show disabled devices
    5. Facilitate stereo mix or anything shows up for sound card
    6. Windows 7 for few reasons disables them

I called Dell for assist on this and got completely nowhere. Even though my computer is 3 weeks old, they said it was a paid overhaul. Slightly of research and this worked for me, wish it works for you as well.

I had the similar trouble: I could not record streaming audio from my sound card. I have a novel Dell Studio laptop running Windows 7 OS. Here is what I did to resolve the trouble: I simply right clicked on the speaker symbol, after that selected recording devices, afterward clicked on the sound card icon. After that I clicked on the advanced tab and distorted the recording arrangement from 3 channels 16 bit which is by default to 3 channel 24 bit. Later than that, I was able to record straight from the sound card.

I am certain it is a windows7 matter. The Operating system does not like to load periphery addresses. A range of applications are failing. My computer cannot discover sound card to trace from. I can record from face or back mic spots but not the sound card. My novel computer has a plenty of a time searching the webcam address too. This is what places me on to it as an Operating system trouble. I have extremely slight trust in Microsoft’s technology because there are so few good ones.