Thread: Unable to open Bank site

Unable to open Bank site

My bank site is not getting open in Opera for Windows and Linux, it seems that because of a number of security issue. It opens very well in Firefox, Chromium and Epiphany. I do not acquaint concerning Internet Explorer. I'm recently making use of 10.63, but the same is true with 11b. It used to work with Opera in anticipation of a few weeks before; I do not know if the revolutionize was at the bank or came through a switch to a new Opera version. I obtain this error message: Secure connection: fatal error (40).Thanks for any assist you are able to provide. I've tried various workarounds but haven't had much luck.

Re: Unable to open Bank site

Just for situation, I also illustrate a difficulty getting the page to display in Opera (10.63) as well. Opening it in Internet Explorer it works OK, although I become aware of IE making an astonishingly great number of scripting calls (which I have place to notify me each time) to immediately obtain the initial page to open. I rather think it's a site-coding inappropriateness subject through the current Opera, which you are able to at least report by visiting the site with Opera and clicking: Help > "Report a site problem..." and providing particulars on the form.

On the other hand, it is one of 40 (forty) sites (out of 380000 tested sites) exposed in the past week, that for an unidentified cause, does not stand a specific TLS Extension Opera and other browsers are sending (and have been sending for years) in all their connections, the Certificate rank Extension.
    When the server observes Opera presenting this extension, it just shuts down the connection. Because the server is Renego patched, Opera wait for the server to also be Version tolerant, and be Extension tolerant which also includes ignoring unknown TLS Extensions. In such a situation Opera will say no to let it which is be forced into a version fallback procedure, which would represent a Security Vulnerability.

This site is in fact hosted on the similar 256 IP address range as a total of 25 servers through the identical complexity (including this one), and the difficulty is most likely caused by your bank's ISP and its make use of of a buggy SSL/TLS Frontend server/accelerator.This is a problem that has to be fixed by the bank, not Opera. My guess is that the SSL/TLS server frontend fling an Exception when attempting to process the OCSP Certificate Status Extension sent by Opera, which is causing it to close the connection devoid of any error indication to the client.

Am I able to say that I have this difficulty (or something remarkably similar) along with three different sites - Lloyds bank, Nationwide Building Society and Barclays Stockbrokers. I have no harms through Firefox. I have updated to Opera version 11 but the difficulty persists.

Version 11.00
    Build 1156
    Platform Linux
    System x86_64, 2.6.34-gentoo-r12

Are you still saying that Opera is accurate and the rest of the browser has a difficulty?