Thread: How to FTP over SSH?

How to FTP over SSH?

Well I really do not know if it is at all possible here but I was able to see this at one place when I was SSH into a server. When I SSH into the server I was notified that I can use the FTP here and that too if I can SSH here. Well that was only the thing that I can get there and hence I just want to know if this is at all possible here in my case as well. I really do not know the way and will be happy to know if this is at all possible here in this case. I am using the port 1901 here and hence I would like to know if there is something with which you can suggest me here.

Re: How to FTP over SSH?

Well I am of the opinion that it is not the FTP that you must have seen there but I am of the opinion that you must have seen SFTP which is actually a part of the SSH. Well this is the thing that I am thinking of. Also let me tell you one more thing in addition that most of the FTP clients are able to deal with this type of situation here and let me tell you that if this is being done then you will not at all see any difference here in the case.

Please see if you can get something out after inserting this command here: sftp user@IP. If after giving this command if you are seeing that the time is getting out then you will be required to give the port numbers as well as you are not using the default port there. You can do this by using this command here: sftp -oPort=1901 user@IP. Well please see for the steps above and let me know if you were able to get the FTP over the SSH.

I had been with the issue but let me tell you that I had not received any solution in this case here and hence I am of the opinion that there is really no way by which you can have this working here. Well after searching a lot on the internet I have found that there is really nothing common between the FTP and SSH and hence it is really not possible in your case. I am also of the same opinion that you might have got SFTP and not FTP. Well that is the case here and hence I am of the opinion that it will be really great move here to take for granted here.

I have tried all the things here and let me tell you that you can have this for you without any trouble. You can give this a try and see if that really help in your case. I am of the opinion that it will be great if you can disable the ipfw firewall and then give this a try for sure here. Well if you want you can try to replace the original ipfw 02080; and see if that can help you to get out of this issue. Well this is just a try; let me know about the progress of it.