Thread: Corporate Login on MSN Messenger 5.0

Corporate Login on MSN Messenger 5.0

Hello, here at my work they lately started using Office Communicator for internal chat. I have a desktop computer at my at my desk in my office , but am lucky enough to be able to utilize my powerbook for 90% of my workload, unluckily, I have to keep toggling to my desktop if I require to chat with somebody. I have the latest MSN Messenger 5.0 in which I have enabled the corporate login deal , I have also heard that 'Live Communications Server' , but I was not able to sign into it. If you have any sort of have how I can login into it.

Re: Corporate Login on MSN Messenger 5.0

When you put together Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger to automatically log you in to the Microsoft .NET Messenger Service while making the use of various Microsoft .NET Passport accounts, you are logged in to both Microsoft Messenger Service clients and during that you are signed in using the same .NET Passport account. I think that might be the reason why you are not able to log in.

For instance, if you are unknowingly logging in to Windows Messenger using one .NET Passport account, and then log in to MSN Messenger some other .NET Passport account, and then you can directly by clicking on the option Sign me in automatically in the .NET Messenger Service window, you are logged in to Window Messenger through that particular .NET Passport account that you used for logging in the MSN Messenger.

To get rid off this issue without upgrading to the newest version of MSN Messenger, manually log in to each Messenger Service client by making use of dissimilar .NET Passport accounts. You can use the following steps to manually log in to Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger,
    • In the notification zone at the right hand sideof the taskbar, select Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger, and then choose Sign In.
    • Please note that If you are already logged in, first log Out from there , and then log in again.
    • There will pop up a .NET Messenger Service window, there you can enter your .NET Passport account e-mail address and password, and then sign in into it .

I came to know about this issue Messenger discussion group I think I have got a solution for this issue
    • Well you can open the Run and type regedit in that after opening the console
    • Open the folder following the given path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger"
    • Remove the folder that is named as MSN Messenger

I think this will resolve your issue. Still if it does not work then according to me you should upgrade the Messenger.