Thread: How to Bookmark icons in safari?

How to Bookmark icons in safari?

Hello all of you, I want to know that can Safari is organized to display bookmark icons in the bookmark bar? I l wanted to have that feature in Firefox. I like having just the icon in my bookmark bar; that is way, I can fit in additional bookmarks and it's a lesser amount of cluttered. Does somebody recognize how to display bookmark icons in the bookmark bar in Safari? Can you acquire dissimilar skins for Safari so that I might get that feature? Thanks in advance

Re: How to Bookmark icons in safari?

Safari web browser displays the favorite icons in the bookmarks menu and on links that are within folders on the bookmarks bar, other than not for links on the bookmarks bar. Does somebody identify a hack to enable this? Edit a plist or somewhat? Also I found out that apple in fact have the feature built in although favicons would collide with the good grey appearance of safari.
    Last edited by Ricky58; 24-12-2010 at 03:49 AM.

You can bookmark WebPages therefore you can rapidly navigate to them without having to type the URL. To bookmark a location or webpage that you're at present performing, select Add Bookmark from the Bookmarks menu (Command-D) or click the "+" button on your toolbar. You will be provoked to name your bookmark and select where you want to stay it. We can also drag the website icon through the mouse pointer, that is been positioned in the left side of the Address (URL) field, to the Bookmarks bar, a bookmark folder, or the peak Sites button to bookmark it.

It took me fairly a while to get used in the direction of it. The only cause why I switched was for the reason that of the speed. Firefox3 is MUCH better, on the other hand, so I am transitioning back to using that as my main browser. I don't like that it doesn't sync my bookmarks to my iPodTouch, but I grabbed BookDog to get care of that. favicons aren't maintained for the bookmark bar! Favicons are incredible for rapidly placing a favorite link, rather than chunkily reading just text. It's or else harder in Safari to place favorites from the bar in use.
    Last edited by Kirt; 24-12-2010 at 04:05 AM.