Thread: Do you like or hate comodo?

Do you like or hate comodo?

I am thinking of getting a new firewall for my system. For that i have tried searching the internet and i have found everywhere that some people have a love/hate relationship with the comodo. Why is it that i have heard various good reviews about the comodo. Why do that people hate it. Any comodo users then please do get back to me on this. I had a outpost pro for many years but that was an average contender. The only plus point it had was that it did not slow down my system when i had an avast as the anti virus. So i think of shortlisting comodo as my next firewall. Any suggestions for the decision that i took. Please do reply.

Re: Do you like or hate comodo?

I think you must go with the comodo dragon. Even i am using it from a quite long time. Let me tell you i am very happy with its working. However one negative point of it is that it will slow down your system a little bit but for the security you have to compromise something. First i used to depend only on the windows firewall, but after switching to the comodo there does not seem to be any issue as far as the security is concerned.

Yes completely agreed with the above user. I just finished using the trial version of the new comodo edition and i found it much better than the previous one i had. It has a lot of improvement. Specially with the little popups it used to show whether to allow or deny some activity in the computer, which was prevalent in the earlier versions, but now it is not seen in the new version. It takes decision on its own and does not depend for manual actions. However it has a one negative point that in order to make custom rules for applications, so that they run in the system, the users have to follow some lengthy procedure. Well that's it. the protection is good and it offers a good security to the system.

Well the reasons why the people don't like comodo is because of the complexity during the uninstallation. The people are not liking it because it has some complex procedures that sometimes users also fail to understand it. It makes the system terribly slow. However i would rate CIS as a much better product than the comodo. Simply because it is very simple to use upon that it provides a good security. Although it has some problem with the pop ups but if you are OK with it than there is no such big issue with it. So i would ask you to go with the CIS or the Norton internet security both are effective.

Hey thanks for the information everyone. Well after reading all the above posts i got to know more about the comodo. From my side i also have done some research work and i found out that there are various firewalls which work much better than the comodo dragon. As of now i am thinking to switch to the sandboxie as i have heard it has a good protection against the different malwares. Anyways thanks for your efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.