Thread: Windows Live messenger 2011 is not responding in windows 7

Windows Live messenger 2011 is not responding in windows 7

Hi friends I have recently installed the windows live messenger 2011 on my system and it was working fine until I upgraded the Windows live essentials 2011. The thing here is that after the upgrade whenever I start the messenger and insert my ID to sign in then it signs me up successfully but after that it freezes and gives me an error message saying that windows live messenger not responding. I don’t know why this is happening and really unable to solve the issue. Please help me in this case.

Re: Windows Live messenger 2011 is not responding in windows 7

Well I think this is the common problem with the users who are using windows live messenger and to solve the same you have to delete a folder called MSN Messenger because it is the only one that is causing you this problem and to delete the folder you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all go to start and select RUN
    • Then just type "regedit" in the box and hit OK
    • After that you have to open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger" though it.
    • And once it is opened you will find the folder called MSN Messenger in it then you have to just delete the same.

According to me the windows live messenger that you are using has been corrupted and it is the only one that is giving you the problems. And if you have to solve this problem then just do the re-installation of the Windows live messenger the re-installation will give you the new one and all the infected files associated with the earlier one will be removed. So don’t worry uninstall the Windows Live messenger that you have and then you have to install the updated and the latest one. I am sure that reinstalling it will definitely help you.

If you are facing this problem then here are the troubleshooting steps that will help you resolve the issue:
    • First of all you have to determine whether have the programs such as Smiley Central, MyWebSearch Toolbar, or Messenger Plus installed on your system then immediately uninstall the same and then try to open the Windows live messenger.
    • Immediately install the latest version of DirectX and if it is already installed then check whether it is working properly or not.
    • Visit the official site that is Microsoft in this case and then look out for a spyware if it is available.
    • Make sure that you are using the latest version of Adobe Flash because the old one have some conflicting issues with the Windows live messenger.
    • And if nothing works for you then you have to again perform the clean and errorless installation of Windows live messenger. Keep one thing in mind that you are installing the same from the official site that is Microsoft in this case.