Thread: Outlook Express to Outlook 2007 / Windows 7

Outlook Express to Outlook 2007 / Windows 7

While importing messages in the Outlook 2007 it does not asks me to select position of the files and not at all locate them. Now I have the .dbx OE files in my system and I also installed Windows Live Mail in that. I have imported the messages in that software and after that exported those messages. Outlook 2007 cannot locate my email anyplace.

If I select File / Import / Import Internet Mail Account Settings then it shows me message that"No internet accounts were found to import". If I select File / Import / Import Mail and Addresses it only imports my address book. If I select File / Import / Import from some other program then it says "No internet accounts were found to import" and prompts me that "Would you like to import e-mail messages and addresses from Microsoft Outlook Express or Windows Mail?" If I select yes then it only imports address book.

Please help me

Re: Outlook Express to Outlook 2007 / Windows 7

Do you have more than one profile for Windows messenger? I am asking this to you because if you have more profile then only it will ask you for the location. If that is not the case then I don’t know that what is the problem with that and why you cannot see the exported mail in Outlook. So if you have more than one account then delete one and try to export the mails.

I don’t think that you need to delete the account from it. I have better solution for this. You can import all the Outlook Express folders to your Windows live mail. After doing this, you need to make use of Windows Live Messenger for exporting the similar folders into Outlook. If you do this then you will not have to use the Outlook import function. I hope that this will help you.

There may be some viruses in your system that is not allowing it to be exported. To check that you need to install some antivirus in your system and scan your system with that antivirus. Heal the files that it detects as infected and once you are completed with the process then reboot your computer and this time this may allow you to export it. I m not giving guaranty for this but you can give it a try. Good Luck!!