Thread: My Outlook 2007 unable to read .eml files

My Outlook 2007 unable to read .eml files

I am using the windows 7 operating system on the Intel core i3 processor. Everything is going fine with the system but the only thing that is worrying me here is that I am not able to read the .eml files. Actually some of mine friends are sending me mails on yahoo and the mails containing the .eml files. I don’t know why my system is not able to read these files. Please help me in this case and also let me know how I can make my system to read these files. And also tell me whether there is any third party application that will allow me to do the same.

Re: My Outlook 2007 unable to read .eml files

Well it seems to me that the file format is not supported on your system. It happens if you are using the version other than ultimate. I mean to say that you have to use the ultimate version of windows 7 that will definitely read the files. So what you have to do here is that just uninstall the windows 7 that you are using and then install the fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate. The normal versions sometimes fails to read such type of files and give you errors that says that the files is not readable. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue related to it.

I think I have a solution for you to solve this issue. Actually this issue is common in the windows 7 64 bit users and to solve this what you have to so is first go to start and then click on the RUN option and then just type regedit.exe command and press ok. This will take you to the windows registry editor by keeping the new windows open. After that you have to navigate the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Microsoft Internet Mail Message WLMail\shell\open\command”. Then it will allow you to change the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /eml:%1 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE" /eml "%1". Atlast you have to restart the system and I hope that you miust5 have solved your issue

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that it is totally depends on the outlook that you are using. The thing here is that outlook normally doesn’t support such kind of files and if you really want to open this file than you have to use and other application that will let you to do the same. Even I have never found a way to view such files in my outlook. I hope that this will make you understand what the problem exactly.

According to me you don’t have to do any registry changes and if you will do the same then it will not help you to achieve anything. Actually the Outlook is unable to open such files and if you have to use the windows mail to read it. I think it will definitely help you to read the files and if not then you have to just use outlook express I am also using the same and it is doing well to and I guess it will also do wonders for you.