Thread: Mac: RPC over HTTP or Outlook Anywhere support for Outlook 2011

Mac: RPC over HTTP or Outlook Anywhere support for Outlook 2011

Microsoft Outlook Web Access server permits connecting to swap in three ways:
    1. By using WebDAV. According to the Exchange testing link, I don't appreciate this very clearly below which classification this falls into.
    2. Outlook Anywhere RPC over HTTP to my appreciative and immense dissatisfaction not supported in Outlook 2011 for Mac
    3. Exchange Web Services or EWS.

EWS is newer evaluated to Outlook Anywhere. Most companies including my company's server don't propose this. This is a capability your company's exchange support team should have started. To discover what is supported by your company's Outlook Web Access server, use the text exchange connectivity site.

Re: Mac: RPC over HTTP or Outlook Anywhere support for Outlook 2011

As you say about text exchange connectivity site, this site asked for user id and password, I checked the ownership of this domain earlier than I attempted. I establish that this domain is owned by Microsoft. Therefore, I think this is safe. On the other hand, change your password later than you test. I reached out to Microsoft asking if they have any idea to include Outlook Anywhere RPC over HTTP connectivity to Outlook 2011. I have not up till now got any answer. I saw lots of closed discussions on this topic with no certain responds. So, I decided to post this. Therefore, my query to Microsoft: Do you map to include Outlook Anywhere connection of Outlook 2011?

I don’t have more idea about this issue, but I am must say that, you can utilize your OWA address straight as your Exchange address provided which the Exchange Web Services protocol is facilitated on your OWA server and that you are utilizing Exchange 2007 SP1, rollup 4, or advanced. So just try once if this is useful for you, because I get this suggestion from my friend. So, I am not sure completely but must say that try once, may this will solve your problem.

I have my home laptop which I cannot acquire outlook anyplace to work generally on. It was ok until I reconstruct the laptop from scratch some months before, had Vista, Reloaded Vista with all Service packs and so on. Anyhow has office 2007, it connects to mailbox but get about 30 seconds to unlock and after that the whole thing runs slow. I am conscious of the outlook add in which is not on that computer since it was a reconstruct. Anyhow, while on vista I endeavor outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010, they all perform the similar thing but if I VPN to my office, Outlook loads up completely in few seconds and the whole thing flies. I know VPN is making it utilize TCP/IP in its place of HTTP. The trouble is with this laptop because I utilize outlook anywhere all over the company with no problems.

I have Outlook 2010 functioning at home by means of Outlook Anywhere feature, where I give an exterior server. I just got Outlook 2011 for Mac and I cannot discover how to enable this feature on the novel Outlook. For that reason I cannot access my email while I am at home and out of office. Please provide suggestion on how to set it up to does that.