Thread: How to sync droid x with hotmail

How to sync droid x with hotmail

I have just brought my new smart phone of Motorola Driod X. But I am not able to synchronize my Hotmail account on this Driod cell. So please any one of you have used the droid to sync by means of hotmail accounts. Even I am not sure that this is possible or not. But I know that we can sync our Gmail account with the help of droid cell. When I use to follow the same step as for Gmail account it gives me error message. So please if you have done sync of your Hotmail account with driod then forward me the steps.

Re: How to sync droid x with hotmail

POP 3 will not "Sync" it merely downloads emails. It is also just downloads fresh emails. And after creating and configuring up your account, have you attempted transferring yourself with a fresh email to observe if that email is downloaded? IMAP really "syncs" with accessible mail, I am not sure that if hotmail is compatible with IMAP or not, I know Gmail do, but by means of Android you might not want to use IMAP anyhow, as it is completely integrated with the real Gmail client. You ought to think of exchanging to Gmail, or promote your hotmail email to Gmail.

I have access my Hotmail account with the help of my Driod smart phone. It is very simple for that you have to follow the simple steps just as you use to do with the other account and finally you have to simple enter your email address and your password and after that it automatically do the rest. And if you are not able to get the access then you should ask for help with the Driod service center.

In order to access your Hotmail account on your DROID X. As you are adding Hotmail account in your phone first time l startup. Follow the below steps in your phone
    1. First of all you should open function called touch My Accounts
    2. And then choose the option Add Account
    3. Then you will start the Set-Up accounts menu with a number of other social group icons.
    4. After that choose the option Email
    5. And then type your complete email address that should have @ along with its domain name and it should be in small letter.
    6. And then you will be asked for your Email password.
    7. After that it will automatically manage account.
    8. And at the end strike on Next option. Your phone will attach to your email server and at last you will receive an information message of "Success!”

Hi Ghost Rider, And of course all the rest. I've had my Droid X for almost a year now. I have had 4 different accounts all at once on the D/X. Gmail, yahoo and 2 hotmail. In the past week or so one of the hotmail account's stopped working. I have tried to do a few things. Keep in mind that I do know how to set up a new account as Ghost Rider has so nicely laid out. I also have twice or 3 times deleted the account from the smart phone and then 'reinstalled it". No luck! The only thing I can tell you is that just before this happened someone was able to breech my account and sent out not more than 10 spammers. Hotmail caught it and put a block on the account. Once I went through the song and dance of verifying myself and changing the password I have no trouble getting into the account from my PC. I'm wondering if this is the cause of my problem reseting this account on the D/X and if so what should I be doing?

Thanks in advance