Thread: Slow download speed on laptop with my internet connection

Slow download speed on laptop with my internet connection

I am using windows XP service pack 2 on my IBM laptop. When I connect Ethernet cable to cable modem my internet speed is decreasing and one of my friend having internet connection if I connect my laptop to his connection then my internet speed is fine even we both having same laptop and internet connection . I don’t know what the reason behind this is. I have tried his laptop to my internet connection then he is getting fine speed but problem only with my laptop when I trying to my internet connection.

Re: Slow download speed on laptop with my internet connection

I think its problem occurs due to improper detection of the divide and for resolving this you can do full power cycle . For performing this you need follows further steps:
    • Off the power of all devices which connected to the network
    • Removes all the cable which are connected the cables.
    • Now reconnect all cables properly.
    • Now make power on of modem and wait for minute for stabilization.
    • After stabilizes modem, power on the router and lets it steady
    • After getting stabilized of router start your laptop.
    • Now open any site and check the connection.

I suggest you to check internet and download speed on both laptop your laptop as well as your friend’s laptop at a same time and on same connection. Then you can find out where is the exact problem in your internet connection or n your laptop. If your laptop getting low speed at that time and other laptop getting more speed then chances of problem in you laptop, then you need to scan your laptop with updated antivirus there might be chances of system file corruption of operating system. You can also contact to your internet service provider for verifying your internet package.

I think there are various reasons for this. You can check first which operating system you are using and which operating system in your friend’s laptop; internet speed can be differing by different operating system. You can also check by checking your network card there might be chances of difference in network card of your laptop and your friend’s laptop. Its also depends on website or file type which you use to down load if is from high traffic site then there time for down loading speed is more. If your hard disk having no space or contains more data so for down loading data can take more time for downloading.

Some tips I am giving you for solving this issue you can try it.
    • Change to an open-source web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera.
    • With Windows computers Internet Explorer comes by default but change to a lighter-weight browser can boost your Internet connection.
    • Make sure that your computer fulfills the suggested condition of your cable Internet service provider. Wrong specification or compatibility can make your internet slow.
    • While using internet close all applications which you are not using they can slow up your internet speed.
    • Keep scanning your computer every week with updated antivirus for protecting from virus and spywares.