Thread: File Serving Application?

File Serving Application?

The use of the computer that is present in my house is that of HCL and I have installed Windows 7 inside it, and have always made the use of the computer by staying in the server side itself and never tried to make the use of the computer in the client side. I just wanted to know that is there any software that can be used so that I can make the use of the computer that is present as the Server and also can get the access to the files that are present in the internet when I am at work and then from other computer that is being present in the house, so that a direct connection is being made I can just browse the computer from my work place itself.

Re: File Serving Application?

It basically depends on the ISP that is present in the area where you are staying and also all the rules and regulations that are being applied by it. Also the important criterion is that you got to make the use of the normal windows that can be made to use when some of the restrictions are being made in it. And also it is not going to be a great idea if the security that has been applied is not proper. The ISP blocks away the normal CIFS ports that are found to be inbound if it finds out any of the security threats when they are being present in it.

The other option is that you can just set-up VPN that will enable you to mount the volumes by making the use of the CIFS and also see that whether they are encrypted in the tunnel or not. The CIFS is the important part in the connection string and also has got the features that can be used for the enchaining of the Firefox 4.0 and also can be used for the working with the system that you are just making use of.

The main thing is that you got to use the hardware to be compatible that when they are used by the BSD. And also for many of the Home servers make the use of it and also I have been using the P3-1GHz which is having the 512 MB RAM. And also it does not take much time once the files are being loaded and then it is being loaded in the home The operating system also runs when it needed to be booted directly from the 4GB using of the Flash Card. And the only thing is that you just can make the use of the everything just like that.