Thread: Error in browsing Internet Explorer 8

Error in browsing Internet Explorer 8

Previously, I was using Internet Explorer 7 but yesterday I installed Internet Explorer 8 on my computer. I installed that because I heard that it provides faster access to the internet. Whenever I try access any website from it then it shows me the error message that says "data prevention execution". I cannot open any website from IE8. I am not able to understand that what is the problem and how can it be solved. Please help me guys.

Re: Error in browsing Internet Explorer 8

You can follow the steps given below to fix this problem. These will add an exception for the program by using System Properties.
    1. Click on start button and select Run.
    2. In the box opened, you have to type sysdm.cpl and press enter.
    3. Open the advanced tab and click on Data Execution Prevention tab and then click Add.
    4. This will show you the open dialog box and there you have to locate and then click the program. Click on open > apply and then click OK.
    5. It will prompt you to reboot the computer. Click on OK.

From the last month I have seen that updates from the IE are causing many problems. There are many other users where it is not able to store the cookies. I think that you should try to run the IE as an administrator and check whether you are getting the same error. If you want to run it as the admin then you have to right click on the icon and you will see an option to run as administrator. Provide the username and password if it prompts you for that. I hope this will solve the problem for you.

There may be problem in the installation of Internet Explorer 8. You should uninstall IE8 and install that again. This will create new files for IE8. If after that also you are getting the same error then there is possibility that the setup file itself is corrupted. My suggestion to you is to install that with another copy of setup. This can make the Internet Explorer to work.

If your system has malware in that then also it can show you problems like this. Do you have any antivirus installed in your system? If you don’t have any then you have to install a good antivirus on your computer and scan the entire system with that. Make sure that you are using a updated antivirus on your system otherwise it may skip some viruses. You should also delete the history of the browser.