Thread: D-link DSL-2640U drivers for Windows 7 64 bit

D-link DSL-2640U drivers for Windows 7 64 bit

I have the Windows 7 64 bit as the operating system on the laptop of mine. Now the issue here is such that when I was using the Windows XP on the system I was able to connect the D-link DSL without much issues. Now I am having issue with this router. Can you all here can suggest me what can be done here for this. On the Windows 7 I think that it requires the drivers can you all please tell me here what can be done here so that I can be out of the issue here. In addition to this I have the windows server 2000 64 bit and that is also not being recognized by this router. Please suggest me from where I can have the drivers for this. I really want to have this thing working for me. Any help in this matter will be really appreciated.

Re: D-link DSL-2640U drivers for Windows 7 64 bit

I do not think that you will be required to install the drivers so that you can have the router connected to the system of yours. I am of the opinion that you will be required to install the Drivers for the LAN here and that can really help you with the issue. Well if that is what you want here then for that you will be required to go to the official site of the motherboard that you have there. I think that it is what can help you with this situation. Let the search Wizard itself search for the solution here and I am sure that could be of some help here.

Talking frankly and technically I do not think that for the 64 bit version of the Windows or the server you will be required to have the drivers. All that is required here by you is to see for the settings of the TCP /IP and I think that it can only cause you the issue here. Here in this case I would suggest you to see for disabling the IPV6 and then enabling the IPV4 and then setting it to the value AUTO. See by making this mere change can you have the thing that you are looking for. Hope that this minor change can help you with the issue here.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have mentioned here but the thing is that I really need to have the drivers for the Modem as I cannot have the connection established here with the Windows Server 2000 and that is what is causing me the trouble here. Please tell me what can be the suggestion here. Please tell me what can be done here so that I can have this here connection established here. Hope that you all can come up with the suggestions here.