Thread: How To Update Dell Poweredge 2600 Server Bios

How To Update Dell Poweredge 2600 Server Bios

I am using dell desktop in which I am using internet through the WLAN I am using the DELL POWER-EDGE 2600 SERVER to access the internet. Everything was working fine but recently I am facing some problem in downloading some file. I mean from last two to three days it seems that everything is working very slow. I think this is the cause of the serve BIOS. So I am thinking to update the BIOS but the problem is I am not aware of how to update the server BIOS. So please anybody can help me in updating the server BIOS. Please do the needful to me. Thank you.

Re: How To Update Dell Poweredge 2600 Server Bios

For updating the server you need go through the following five steps which I am giving below:
    • First you need to verify or just confirm about the BIOS is correct which is present in the fabric interconnect flash.
    • Now after this create a host firmware package utility to the system.
    • After this associate the Firmware Package policy by means of the service profile which you prefer.
    • After associating the server profile just connect the service profile to the server pool.
    • Now after doing this verifies that the BIOS version of the pool is matches with the BIOS which are intended for the Host Firmware Package policy.

To update the server BIOS you need to download the update package which can be done from the dell support side. After downloading the package just install it into the system by following the points given below:
    • First you have to execute the update package which you have downloaded from the windows explorer by double clicking on the downloaded file name.
    • Before installing the package first you need to read the update information which is displayed in update package file.
    • After reading the package update manual now just click on the install button
    • After this installation just reboot the system you are using if you thing that is necessary.

I think it is an issue which is related to the BIOS so I would like to tell you that you need to reconfigure the BIOS. For which you need to go to the dell website and then download the as you will click on the download link it will show you the name and the model number of the server so select your server model and then click on the download then install the downloaded file to the system and then see if you are getting the solution or not.