Thread: how to remove pop3 email from server

how to remove pop3 email from server

Using the outlook express 2007 in my Acer laptop, which is running under the platform of windows vista. I am using the machine mainly for access my mail accounts or other official works via internet. This one works fine with almost all the features and the tools which are installaed in the machine. The problem in my office network server the email those are stored in my storage place is overloaded and for that I need to delete some of the emails from the pop3 server. For this the server responding sometimes very slow. I am using the multiple version of outlook express. The problem is when I tried to delete some pop3 mails from server; it does not allow me removing them from the storage folder of the server. How could I delete the pop3 mail from the server? Nay information on this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: how to remove pop3 email from server

If you are using the pop 3 server for your access your email account, then you need to confirm some of the information like you are not allowed to sent a huge number of mail from your account at a time, this will might be allow the server response during accessing mail account. Or if some there a huge number of emails are received in your mail account those are unwanted, then you need to download the mail otherwise you are not able to see the mail, but this happens if you are using any dial up connection. Deleting the messages from the appropriate box is the one way to free the space in server. I am using web mail and was face the similar issue, after that I delete the mail by simply select all the mails those are willing to r4emove and click on delete option. This is the simplest process to delete the mails from the server. In any other third party web client application, this process is also applicable.

As per my knowledge if you are willing to delete mails from pop 3 server, then you need to download all the emails from server to your machine. Save them in a permanent folder in your machine. This fro some of the mails are not allowed to delete by some of users. When you download the mails in your machine the server is empty, it is a fresh one from now. But if you wish to delete them from the server then you need o configure with the serve r for the delete purpose. First of all create a folder in your machine and download the mail from your server to the newly created folder in your machine and delete them whenever you wish. When you download then from server that means the server then delete all of them from the space which was located in the server to store them.

I don’t think so there is any option for delete the mails from directly the server, you need to delete them from the account or if you are using any email client then you able to delete them from there where you store the mails, in the folder of the email client. Because I am using Outlook Express with windows vista and like that other programs like Windows Live Mail, in both of them I did not see any delete option which is directly access with pop3 server. I have to remove them from the folder of the email client .whenever you open a particular message there is option in the top or in the bottom “Delete”. You can download the mail directly in your machine, but if you are willing to do this then I suggest you to do one thing, go to tool menu bar option and then switch to Mail under account option and from there go to advanced tab, and uncheck the option “Leave a copy of the message in the server”, it will delete the copy of the original mail that you downloaded in to your machine.

As per my knowledge about the latest technology, I would like share with you some information regarding this matter that you mentioned in your post. So if your are using a ISP internet account, then it chances that you by default having a pop3 email account if you are using any email client like outlook express or windows mail etc. and by access that account you can easily delete all the pop3 mails from your account or you can also do this by first download the mails into your machine and then download, so while you transfer the mails from account to the machine, these are deleted from the folder which is created in server for storing the mails. Open the pop 3 mail account from the email agent and simply log in by the username and the password of the client and remove the mails those you are willing to remove from the machine. After open mail from your account, there is a delete option, which is also works the same, by delete from there is also delete the mail permanently from the pop 3 email account. Because of you are not having the ISP connection along with the account, then I don’t think this possible to enter into the pop 3 server and delete the desire mails. Pop 3 mail accounts are known as the web service, so in web service this is possible to log in and delete the desire file.