Thread: In IE8 sort by names and favorites disappeared.

In IE8 sort by names and favorites disappeared.

Currently I am using windows xp as operating system and the problem that I am facing is with Internet Explorer 8. The problem with Internet Explorer is that when I am going down to a couple of the levels and then right clicking on the Sort by name and the favorites, it must get sorted but the thing is that it is disappearing. The contrast thing is that these when I am going to start and then going to programs and then going to sort by name in the program folder. Here these things are also getting sorted, but the problem is that level does not close. According to me this should be the procedure but it is not working in that manner. Now I do not know, where is the problem coming from and why this thing is not working in a predefined manner. If anybody has any related reply then please let me know about these things.

Re: In IE8 sort by names and favorites disappeared.

According to me windows XP handles the Favorites things in a totally different if compared to Programs. I will try to explain this thing in the best manner I can. If you want to make your Internet Explorer 8 faster, then you have to follow these things. First go to “tools” and then to “internet option” and then to “advance” and then to “reset” after that you have to go to wizard and then you have to deselect everything. This thing is really good for improving the security. You can also do one more thing that is go to “tools” then go to “internet option” then go to “programs” and then go to “Manage add-ons”. There you have to look for everything that can be used for optimizing internet explorer. Just follow these steps and I am sure that you will be able to optimize your internet explorer.

This is nice trick for optimizing the things in internet explorer 8 but my problem is little different. Currently I am facing problem in Firefox that is I am facing problem with the bookmarks in Firefox. I just want to categorize all the bookmarks that I am having on Firefox in an alphabetical order. For your reference currently I am using windows XP and it is clear from my question that I am using Firefox browser. I must let you know some things that I have already tried. I have clicked on organize bookmarks in library and then on organize and then on view and after that I have checked on the check box of “sorting name” and then selected A/Z but nothing is happening. After taking so many efforts nothing is happening. It is just disappearing. So I need the solution for this problem. Thanks in advance for any related help.

The solution for your problem is really very easy; you just need to follow these steps to get rid of your problem. You just need to click on “Organize Bookmarks” and then you have to select “All Bookmarks” and after that you have to double click on the “Bookmarks Menu”. After doing this you will be able to see a complete list of all the bookmarks that you are having on your system or firefox browser. Then you just need to go to “views” then to “sorting” and then to “sort by name”. I am sure that you will be able to solve the problem related to your Firefox browser. If you have any other issue then let me know about the same. I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

Many thanks for these very clear explanations and crowned with a positive result thank you again with all the recognition of a near-octogenarian. I think that you can solve my one more problem that is slightly different from this topic. The problem is that I have just changed the name of my laptop and the network places in my workgroup I see my laptop (the new name) and also the former name. It is clearly seen that is it cannot be accessible, is there a technique to do this disparate computer that does not exist. I will be waiting for your reply and thanks again for providing the solution for my previous problem.

Well I am not sure that this will help to get rid of your problem but you can try this to get rid of this. You can use the Delete key for removing that, I am just hopping that this will be deleted. Incidentally, it's boring these network places in windows XP. I myself do the simplest because I do not like the way windows XP displays the network browser. I turned everything in explorer "Worgroup, MSHOME, it remains only starred in the network that I renamed" local network "that shows me that the positions and their shared folders. In addition, I disabled the display of recent documents, as this is much clearer in the Explorer tree. I am over this double branch that displays the latest documents open on networked computers. Try to follow these steps and hope for the best.