Thread: Troubleshooting slow internet connection on windows 7

Troubleshooting slow internet connection on windows 7

I was having Microsoft windows 7 operating system installed on my desktop. I have taken an internet connection for downloading themes, playing online games, chatting with friends and my internet browsing speed was superb. While downloading some themes from the internet last night I was noticing that my internet speed is decreasing. I tried to unplug all the connection and then plug it after some time but the same problem was persisting. I need a solution for troubleshooting the slow internet connection problem.

Re: Troubleshooting slow internet connection on windows 7

First and for most, the browsing speed of internet depends upon the speed which is provided to you by the internet service provider. You need to check the internet speed. For checking the internet speed you need to move the mouse pointer over the internet connection icon in the right side bottom of the taskbar. If you are getting 80% of the ISP then your speed of the internet is good. There is usually a standard loss of 10% to 20% due to the line quality.

The slow internet speed may be because of what type of the software are installed on your operating system. Usually antivirus software may slow down the internet speed. Also when you start the system many type of program run automatically such as updation of antivirus etc this may increase the registry. You need to perform the below steps to avoid these things
    1. Login into the system as administrator and then go to start button on the desktop and select run window.
    2. In the run windows type “msconfig.exe” and press ok button.
    3. Under the “system configuration utility” click on startup tab. In the startup tab uncheck all the programs that you don’t want to start when the operating system is loaded
    4. Click on ok button.

For increasing the speed of the internet you need to reduce the web page caching. You can easily reduce the web page and speed up your browsing speed. To reduce webpage caching, go to Start/Control Panel. In the control panel window double click on the internet Options. Select settings from the browsing history. Now in this window you need to reduce your web cache. You need to allocate less disk space so that less temporary files will be searched by your computer and this will increase the internet speed.

For speeding up the internet you need to delete the temporary files because these temporary files/ web cache may utilize valuable resources that may speed up your internet. For deleting the temporary files you need to go to the Start/Control Panel/Internet Options. In the internet option select Temporary Internet Files. Click on delete temporary files in the Temporary Internet Files tab. In the file dialog box, click on the checkbox next to the delete files offline and then click on ok button. All the temporary files will be deleted.

One of the biggest reasons to slow the internet connection is the web browser settings. Whenever you open the browser and type any URL then it is the duty of the browser to present it in a proper manner. So presenting these webpage properly to load into the browser may consume time. You can increase the speed of the web page loading by going to the Start/Control Panel and in the control panel window select internet options. In the internet option scroll down your mouse to multimedia and restrict the browser to display only text in fast manner.

rfhone Guest

Recently I find functional software which can fix all these problems just with one click: tuneup360, maybe you guys could have a try.