Thread: IE 6 not working past IE 7 uninstalling

IE 6 not working past IE 7 uninstalling

I have system with windows 2003 service pack 2 and internet explorer 7 as my browser in it. I have recently tried to uninstall internet explorer 7. While carrying it one dialog box appear with text message as “Do you want to uninstall plugging also with IE 7” I pressed Yes. After the process I am still able to see the IE version as 7 and I am not able to access any of the site and when tried popup says "www.google.com" is not accessible File Name, Directory Name, Or Volume Label Syntax Is Incorrect TheDailyReviewer. This is happening with several URL

Re: IE 6 not working past IE 7 uninstalling

I don't think such problem should appear, i think you want to say that IE 6 is not working after you have uninstalled IE 7. The problem can be that you have not carried the uninstalling properly because of which you are able to see IE 7 after uninstall. When you uninstall any application software from your system then it is recommended that you have to restart the system in order to perfectly get the application out of your system which you might have not done.

There is some kind of policy of Microsoft that usually sets thing after which you can install old application when you have new application installed. In your case you have not properly uninstall the IE 7 from the system and you are able to see it because of which the older version of internet explorer i.e. IE 6 is not able to work and you are getting weird popup when you are trying to access any of the sites. May proper and reinstalling of IE 6 would really work in your case, go for it and provide me with the outcome what you are have to get.

Why you want to use the old and traditional web browsers in your system. The better thing you can do for your computer system can be going for alternative web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Safari or any of the latest version of internet explorer which is there in market that is IE 9. I hope you will sure move from older version from latest that will be better for you rather than searching the solution for older version of IE.