Thread: Error: Rules in error cannot reply to message

Error: Rules in error cannot reply to message

I setup a rule to look at incoming messages for a precise from email address. The rule procedures but returns the error: “Rules in error cannot reply to message”. Outlook after that turns off the rule. It in fact unchecks the box in the Rules and Alerts window, beneath Email Rules, Rule applied in sequence shown". I am by means of a template which is saved in my “C:\users\sacc\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates directory. I have shaped quite a lot of templates and attempted using every one and have experienced a number of combinations of email addresses and rules, but they all are unsuccessful the similar way.

Re: Error: Rules in error cannot reply to message

I actually can’t understand your problem. But how much I understood I must help you to solve your problem. I think there is a bug in Outlook 2007 SP2 which prevents templates from working with rules. I think it was associated to a precise update but taking away the update does not come into view to fix it any longer.

That error comes into view to be connected to the update in KB969907. Which update applies to meeting demand problems so it should not unenthusiastically influence the majority of users that require auto respond with template to work? So, if you require using auto reply with template rules and the rule errors, uninstall KB969907 and observe if that fixes it.

I understand your issue and just I figured out what to do. What I was annoying to do was to merely get a respond to a message so I would know what dynamic IP address my computer was allocated. So in its place of a respond, I shaped a rule to forward a message from a precise email address reverse to that email address. I would still prefer the reply, but this works awaiting the virus gets fixed.

I am having the similar trouble tremendously exasperating, I know that Outlook 2003 had a straightforward way to generate an Out of Office rule, and as forever, it has been detached under the appearance of improvement. I have attempted the resolutions out there; the just thing that has takes place is I have exhausted my time and sent 20 people an out of office message by running the rule manually, as recommended by a variety of people. Thankfully, I irrecoverable it earlier than it sent out hundreds of responds.