Thread: Errors in Outlook\Outlook.pst file

Errors in Outlook\Outlook.pst file

I contain two outlook PST files. My business summary has the error. My individual profile is working magnificently. My business profile or summary is demanding that I make use of the Inbox Repair Tool to make a diagnosis and repair the file. I have established the Inbox Repair Tool and have read the Inbox Repair Tool Instructions. I require knowing which file to come in into the scan box and which scan log alternative to choose? On the whole I wish to know how to run the Inbox Repair Tool to repair the problem. Please suggest something.

Re: Errors in Outlook\Outlook.pst file

Place the scanpst.exe and after that browse to the location where you contain your .pst file and after that scan and fix it. The location of scanpst.exe is: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12\scanpst.exe”. In case if you have a 64 bit computer the scanpst.exe will be located in “C:\Program files x86\Microsoft Office\Office 12\scanpst.exe”. Make certain that the Show hidden files and folders alternative is enabled in your folder options. The PST file is situated in a hidden folder on your computer, and you might be not capable to locate it if this setting is not facilitated. To make sure this setting, follow these steps:
    1. Open My Computer and after that click on the systematize menu on the top left hand corner of the computer. Click Folder and Search Options.
    2. On the View tab- Eliminate the checkmark from the checkbox tagged Hide extensions for recognized file types.
    3. Push the Apply button and after that click the OK button.

I have some steps which help you to scan the PST file:
    1. First release the scan PST repair tool and after that click on browse
    2. After this go to the location “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook” and choose the .pst file which is besmirched or corrupted and then click on OK.
    3. Click on Start to start the scan process and one time it complete click on Repair to fix the file.
    4. Once the repair is finished, attempt to release Outlook and make sure if it opens up

The fault message you established should enclose the path to the PST. Enter that path into scanpst.exe's file on time or browse to it. PSTs are more often than not in a hidden folder, despite the fact that, so except you are showing hidden files and folders, you won't be able to browse to it. The default location is “%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook”. Must try this!!!!

I am running 64bit windows 7 and utilizing Outlook 2007. I got the error message effective to run scanpst.exe. I appeared for it where everybody says it should be. I for all time have had my penchants place to demonstrate hidden files but I twice checked anyhow. The file is just not there. I ran a search of my whole hard drive and that file does not subsist or exist.

Personal Folders files (.pst) contain your e-mail messages, calendars, contacts, tasks, and notes. You must use Outlook to work with the items in a .pst file. When you archive Outlook information, items are saved in a .pst files. Microsoft Exchange Server accounts store your information on the mail server. For Cached Exchange Mode or to work offline, copies of your items are saved in an Offline Folders file (.ost). See the Offline Folders file (.ost) section for more information. Also, some organizations allow you to export or archive your items to a .pst file.
    • Windows Vista drive:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
    • Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook