Thread: Need help to improve my Upload Speed at home

Need help to improve my Upload Speed at home

I need help to improve my upload speed. The download speed is quiet fine, but upload is very slow. I file some video files via a online file sharing service. It takes long hours to upload around a 300 mb file. Sometime my internet connection also fluctuates in the same. I had specially told my ISP to provide me good uploading speed as my work continuously goes for hours. Right not it is really hard to even get a speed of 15kbps constant. Sometime it hypes to 40 but sometime it goes below. Does there is a way I keep the same constant without fluctuation.

re: Need help to improve my Upload Speed at home

Disable the applications if they are related to internet work. That means sometime in the back-end Windows Updates consumes a amount of bandwidth. That can be freed.But that will effect more on download rather on upload. There is some trick for that but for this you have to play with your IP. Some tools even provide fake ip tools to boost up the upload speed. One among them is UltraSurf. It is a free tool which lets you to boost your upload speed to some extent. You need a good router also for that and your broadband must not be less than 512kbps.

Internet speed depends on the bandwidth you have. The upload is always lower than download, as download is the major work. Basically what I had noticed that But my upload speed is twice that of my download speed in Home 750 UL plan. If I had that much download speed it would have been nice. I use a plan of 750 unlimited plan which offers me an awesome upload which I really does not need that. The same thing is balanced by your router. If you are downloading and uploading then it being adjusted by router where the bandwidth is equally bifurcated.

It is right there cannot be much done via your computer settings. DSL are encrypted connection in which the bandwidth are allocated on the basis of subscription package. There are some companies which offers you good upload speed on the base of plan you subscribe. Basically a 384kbps of upload speed for an broadband connection is fine on a 1.5mbps of line. Today people most rely on downloads than uploads. So that things does not come much in the light. Boosters will not give you much help here. The only trick you can try is closing the application which access internet. That can free up some kbps of speed for few.

There are some question which you must learn out to find out why your upload is so slow. For that it depends on the ISP you are using. Sometime there are some via agents which provides you internet connection by hiring the same from some other company. In that case you will never get a good speed. You must also ask for the expected upstream and downstream speed. The modem also plays a very important role here. Wired connection are more faster than wireless as they get hampered due to bad weather conditions. Automatic updates also affects the internet speed.

Click on Start and in the run box type cmd. In the command prompt window type ping and name of any website. See what is the ping time you are getting. If the same is high then there is some issue with your internet server. The same is not responding in quick time. If the ping is low then you can try to disable some of your applications updates which will free up the bandwidth. You can try to use some uploader tool, which can provide you option of pausing and resuming the current uploads. Also check that there is not virus in your system.