Thread: Downloading of Thousands Of Old E-mail Of A Year Ago By Outlook

Downloading of Thousands Of Old E-mail Of A Year Ago By Outlook

I have been using the Microsoft based Outlook since long but never have got this issue in my life. For the last few days when I was using my outlook for the purpose of the mailing of the details and then receiving the files, it was showing the files that were downloaded by me which I had sent way long back before. And now when I just opened my inbox I got around 40,000 mails in that. And I don't have any idea what is basically the problem with it. How to stop this problem in my computer, please give me suggestions for this.

Re: Downloading of Thousands Of Old E-mail Of A Year Ago By Outlook

See that whether the files which you are sending are not being left on the server, see whether the files are being kept in the server because if the files are present on the server then it has the possibility that the files may appear to inbox and then it may show you more of the files are present on the inbox. And also see whether the other software's like the yahoo and the Google accounts are having the same link as that you are using in the outlook. For the above process to be working properly you got to login first and then find out tat which files are being repeated then accordingly delete all the files.

And also it happens whenever you are leaving the mail on the server because the mails are then made to repeat out in the inbox and when the files are send a long back they are tend to come back after a specified period of time. And if you are sending the mails on to the server then you got to re-download the files of the outlook and then make a new profile and then use a new pst file for it. And this can also happen when you repair the pst files. And if their are lots of message on the server than you got check out the mailbox after a regular interval of time.

And if you don't want the same files not to be repeated then you got to follow the below steps as follows:
    1. Then you got to go on to the Tools menu and then click on to the E-mail Accounts.
    2. After that you got to click the View or just change the existing e-mail accounts, and then you got to click on to next.
    3. After that you got to select in your ISP account and then you got to click on the change option.
    4. After that click on the More Settings option.
    5. Then go to the Advanced tab and then under that Delivery, you got to uncheck and then Leave a copy of that messages that is present on the server check box.
    6. After that click OK button and after that click on the Finish.

And if the above process is not working properly then you can also follow the other steps that are given below:
    • At the first you got to remove from server after some days. The E-mail messages are to be downloaded back to your computer then you got to remain back to the e-mail server for the days that you are going to specify. And this is said to be the most common settings that are present in at workplace but you can also download the files.And also choose the smaller number of days so that the messages on your e-mail server stay for some time and reduce the risk of exceeding your mailbox size quota.
    • Then remove it from server and use the deleted option from Deleted Items. By just deleting the E-mail the mails stay on the server and they are not removed from the server and it keeps on increasing.