Thread: Cannot upload pictures to eBay site which uses Active X control

Cannot upload pictures to eBay site which uses Active X control

I am using windows 7 PC since it came to market. It is the good OS I ever had to my computer. But only trouble I am currently having is uploading photos to an eBay site. I think that it uses active X control to upload. First I have disabled it and deleted active x to see whether this technique will work or not. Even making this adjustment I cannot be able to upload pictured without it. Can you give me some more information and help regarding this issue?

Re: Cannot upload pictures to eBay site which uses Active X control

I think there are mainly 2 ways to upload files or pictures to site. The one is simple uploaded and the second is advanced. The difference is that the advance upload will let you to upload a number of pictures into an album in a single click, whereas the simple uploader will enable you to download one picture at a time. To use advance upload feature or functionality you will need ActiveX control installed. If the active X is not working through advance upload then try the different browser and see for any error. Try in different browser if it is not working in current one. Also install the Add-ons for browser for latest features.

If you cannot upload photos to eBay which uses Active X control then look for the latest version of java. The eBay ActiveX control depending on the Java Runtime engine to process appropriately, so it’s best to way download the most recent version of Java, and then try again. You can find the latest version of Java in this link and download itOnce you have completed download and installation of Java, restart your computer to make the changes. Then open the browser and enter into eBay site and try to upload images now. At this time you may get the message or pop-up window to install the ActiveX control.

For me it seems to be that your current browser may be blocking or restricting the pop-ups commencing from loading. In Internet Explorer you can turn off the pop-up blocker by clicking Tools> Pop-up blocker> Turn off pop-up blocker. I think this might help you to upload images. The other browsers also give the options for pop-ups, you can see in their configuration menu. In order to validate Active Scripting, Java applets and ActiveX blocked or not:
    • Click Tools>Internet Options> Security tab.
    • Verify if the slider is set to Medium-high, otherwise, click Default Level button.
    • Click on Apply and then OK.