Thread: Wired internet is fast where as Wireless is slow

Wired internet is fast where as Wireless is slow

Hello friends, I am having the wired and wireless internet connection on to my system. When I connect the wired connection to the internet it gives me the speed around 2.5 Mbps and when I connect it with wireless connection it throws the speed around 512 Kbps. The plan for both is same. I can’t understand why does it happen, I can’t understand? I also changed the settings for it, changed the optimal channels and the MTU settings but it won’t helped me. Wireless connection is very helpful for me, because I carry it anywhere. Previously it worked fine but now it is really frustrating me. please help what can I do?

Re: Wired internet is fast where as Wireless is slow

I think that yours internal problem, you may have got the internals down. Try to make some parabolic antennas or reflectors. Check it at the site freeantennas.com/projects/template/. Have a look at this site, it has the really great setup, and it will be really helpful. I had made some parabolic reflectors/antennas out of the thin cardboard and tin foils. By doing this I got the four good things. First is that I can direct the signal from the wireless client to the wireless access point, it get the more solid connection. Secondly I can easily gain the bit more "privacy" from your neighbors / war driver's. Thirdly we can increase the speed. Fourth it can increase distance a bit greater. Hope this will surely help you.

Check whether there are other wireless connection networks in to your area. To check it, try Netstumbler.com, it found out whether there is any other wireless network connections in to your area. Try with different channels. If you are there on to the similar channel as the neighboring system then yours will slow down because the two systems share the same spectrum. Since the channel overlaps by going up or going down is not enough. Try to use the channel 1 or channel 11 and see whether there is the change. you need to also know who else is there on the network.

Have the latest firmware for your wireless modem or router and then reset the router to factory default, after resetting it reconfigure it. If those options won’t work then you may have the router or modem. The wired connection goes through the wire to your computer so there is nothing blocking it but wireless has to give out a signal so there is stuff blocking it which makes the connection slower.

The wireless network speed is affected by many factors. You can do some adjustment to mitigate these issues.
    Interference: the interference of the wireless phone or microwave or any electronic devices utilize the2.4 GHz radio frequency. So keep in mind that, do not place the wireless router near to this electronic devices. You can configure your wireless router to make use of the different channel and test it again.
    Signal Blocking: the signal of the system may get block due to the thick wall or any other physical barrier. If you having the similar problem than reconfigure your router in order to get the wireless network performance.
    Shared Bandwidth: also the bandwidths of the wireless network are shared many different users. Depends on the number of the user, if there are more users on to the same network than the network speed slows down. Also there many other different reasons for the slowness of the wireless router or modem.