Thread: Interesting Twitter Facts

Interesting Twitter Facts

Hello friends, I have just started using twitter social networking site after hearing so much from the media and from all my friends about the hype of this site. I even heard stories that there are almost all the celebrities who are even using this blogging site and so last week I created my first account over there. Although since I am in my early days but I would like to know something about Twitter and what are the interesting features that it provides. Can some one give me few tips related to this.

Re: Interesting Twitter Facts

Twitter is a social networking site developed and owned by Twitter Inc. This website allows user to keep in touch with their fellow mates by allowing us to send message to on another user also can receive messages fro other or can read few things from any other users profile. We can even blog using this website that is we can put forward what ever is going on our mind at that very instant. This website is generally on for social networking and we cannot do any other internet related task such as surfing. You can tweet using Twitter to any of the other users profile who you want to and these tweets are by default publicly available. You can even restrict users from viewing your profile or tweeting something on your profile.

Hey Twitter allows group of people to communicate using what are known as Tweets. Also, users can group their post together by using hashtags which are predefined with the letter # to any phrases or sentences. Similarly, if we want to send private message to any user we have to use the letter d and the followed by the user name. If we want to reply to other user then we have to use the @ symbol in front of the user name. Alon with this we can also send sms to one another just like we do in mobile and that will get store in the inbox. The messages are set to 140-character limit for compatibility with SMS messaging.

When we create our account on Twitter that is when we add our personal information on the site, Twitter collects this information and shares it with the third party. Although we don't have to worry as the company has reserved the right to sell the information. Also, Twitter doesn't have an advertising on it site. All this things provide ample security to the followers of the Twitter social networking website. Even I am suing this site from a year now an didn't had any kind of difficulty as such.

Twitter was founded in 2006 and for the first 3 years as a company Twitter made a total of ‘zero’ dollars in revenues. After that as the day progressed it stared attracting too many users. And the latest research has suggested that Twitter has targeted over 75 million users from all round the world. It is the second largest website behind Google in terms of most hits and users quires. Twitter has over over 65 millions tweets everyday and that averages to 750 tweets per second. Looking at this we can come to know how Twitter has grown from zero to hero. Hope you will find this information interesting.

Twitter has come a long way since it was first seen in the market in 2006, its popularity is increasing day by day as well the number of followers all around the world. Not just the celebrity but even the media is using Twitter as source from where information will be generated from the one who wants to say something or criticize something about the matter. It has been estimated that there are 53% women who are following this website and most of the tweets are usually created through mobiles rather than logging into the site from the computer..