Thread: How to examine internet speed

How to examine internet speed

I want to know the way by which I can analyze the amount of download and upload when I am on internet. I also want to ask you one thing that if we have the limit for the downloading 4 GB then what that mean actually. If that also include the loading of the videos on the Youtube. I am changing my internet plan to 3gb monthly limit. So I want something that can count my current uses. If you know any such software then please let me know.

Re: How to examine internet speed

If you activate your account then you will be given your user name and the password. You can check that online with this login ID. From there you will be easily view the amount that is used and left in your account. I don’t know any such software that can do that. This may not be the satisfactory post for you but this is one possible way by which you can do it. I hope someone will post any software that can do this.

As you told that currently you are going to take a 3gb plan. The word downloads means that the total amount of the data that comes to your PC from the server. It may be in the form of pictures, WebPages, files, emails, streaming movies etc. If you search on internet then you will find that there is software named NetStat. You will get it for free on internet. Download and install that and you will find it very helpful to do that.

I am agreeing the above post that the netstat is a nice software for this but while using this, you have to take care that you should not exit it while turning off the computer and if you do so then next time when you start the computer then history for the bandwidth will be reset and it will start counting it from 0. So keep that in the tray while shutting down your computer.