Thread: Cannot Get Links Pasted Into Safari 5.0.2

Cannot Get Links Pasted Into Safari 5.0.2

I have been using the Safari 5.0.2 web-browser since long and was working perfectly. But I just got one problem in it, whenever I try to get the link's pasted into Safari 5.0.2 it does not get pasted in to it. The link is seen appearing in the address bar but when I press enter it does not go to the link instead but it just reloads the page and it does not go to the link that has been specified. And it goes to the address only if a space has been added after the link. Please tell me what is basically the problem of the browser and also the solution for it.

Re: Cannot Get Links Pasted Into Safari 5.0.2

See to it that whether it is happening to any other user on the machine that you use and if this is not happening then you got to close Safari and pull ~/library/preferences/com.apple.safari.plist and to the desktop and then you have the test. And if it also happening for another user, then you got to download another copy of Safari, and then you got to uninstall and reinstall all the related files.

The same problems is faced on Windows 7 operating system that has been used by many of the viewers. And also you have to delete if any of the previous text is still their in the address bar, and after you have deleted the previous address then now you can paste the new link in with ctrl+v and don't do it by clicking on the right click and clicking paste. Safari for windows is considered to have a lot of bugs in it.

This similar problems are arising in the browsers that are other than the Safari and when such problems are arising then you can see the error in the About the .plist file I have no idea what you are talking about. I have searched for the file and i found it in C:\Users[MYUSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences. This is the specified file location if you try the installation automatically and if you try to install it manually then you got to see where the file has been specified in to your computer.

The same problem is still prevailed and got this one too, but Still not clear why basically some people get it and why some don't get it. And the experimentation on the PC shows that it is a system wide problem, so removing plists will be of no use. Then complete by the uninstall and reinstall of Safari. And Apple Application Support has had no impact on the issue. And it is not clear if it's related to specific hardware or security software configurations. Then another working for you is that after pasting the url in the address line, and if you add a space in the line prior to the url, Safari will then go to that page.