Thread: Quicktime as well as Itunes will not uninstall in windows

Quicktime as well as Itunes will not uninstall in windows

I in recent times downloaded an update from apple.com intended for itunes as well as quicktime. still in view of the fact that I ran the install neither iTunes or QuickTime will work. At what time I attempt to uninstall whichever program, windows provide me a message saying that it does not have permission the access the files. When I try to open the folders directly as well as do whatever thing to them, I obtain a like message saying that I do not have correct authorization on the way to access the files or folders. I am running Windows xp 64-bit, which gives you, links on the way to follow to obtain rights of these folders. Still subsequent to that as well as windows says I have ownership of those files and folders, I still cannot compose some changes on the way to them. Both the iTunes as well as QuickTime folders appear to have been despoiled by some means furthermore I cannot uninstall them in order on the way to reinstall latest updates. I even attempted to go to a earlier restore point, however Windows gives me a message saying that an mistake occurred as well as no one of my files were altered. I have no plan how on the way to gain right to use to either the iTunes or else QuickTime folders in order on the way to alter or delete them. Please help to solve this problem. Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Re: Quicktime as well as Itunes will not uninstall in windows

I think this is kind of msi-related difficulty have gotten further more complex on the way to deal by means of forever since Microsoft push the Windows Installer CleanUp utility from their Download Center . primary we need to discover a duplicate of the utility.See for a functioning download site designed for at slightest version 3.0 of the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. Subsequent to downloading the utility installer file i.e., msicuu2.ex, you need to scan the file intended for malware, presently in case. I make use of the free of charge version of Malwarebytes AntiMalware on the way to do single-file scans for that.If the file is fresh, on the way to install the utility, then double-click the msicuu2.exe file which you have downloaded.At this moment run the utility for running it go to Start menu and choose All Programs and launch Windows Install Clean Up. Within the list of programs that come into view in CleanUp, choose whichever iTunes as well as QuickTime entries plus click Remove.Exit CleanUp and reboot the computer as well as attempt installing iTunes once more. Hope that this time the installation will go properly.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

You actually be supposed to not have access on the way to whichever of those folders, in any case. What were you thinking to perform? If you go in there as well as start deleting the things, you will abscond some element of those programs each and every one in excess of the respite of your system, errors regarding missing files as well as startups will begin come into view, your machine may possibly not boot if burner drivers be absent, you will not be capable on the way to reinstall for the reason that the older programs were by no means registered as having been detached, as well as so on. You need to uninstall programs and you do not delete them.As a result what has take place with the uninstallers? How are these applications installed? If single or else together was installed by means of a CD, after that attempt running that similar installer from the CD once more on the way to fix the installation or on the way to uninstall one or both.

I was not scheduling on presently deleting some files as of the folders. I just required on the way to take a glance within them on the way to attempt as well as obtain a proposal of what may be incorrect. I acquire the installer straightforwardly from apple.com. I have also tried running the uninstaller so as to came by means of the installer that was downloaded straightforwardly from apple first, as well as it failed. Fundamentally, I cannot uninstall whichever program by means of the uninstall file so as to it comes by means of through the installation process, nor be able to I make use of windows on the way to uninstall whichever program from the control panel. What’s strange is that the apple mechanical update program at a standstill runs as well as gives me the connection on the way to the newest update from apple furthermore I attempt running that as well presently on the way to observe if it would fix something. I did not have at all accomplishment by means of that technique either. I wish that paints the picture a slight more obviously. I have not observe an fault similar to this one before.

I too have the same opinion with the above post. That Uninstalling Secunia for the reason that it up to date you of a security problem will put down you unsighted on the way to such problem in the future.You will make a note of that 450 potential assistant have give the impression of being at your trouble. Merely 4 of us have presented well sense advice more in sequence - maybe this is due on the way to your require for an immediate simple fix without you having on the way to investigate anything.This problem was approximately surely formed by means of Apple. If the does not help you then you can contact to apple tech support. I think you will wait a long point on behalf of a simple fix from them.

I too have this same problem before a week. Would not give me permission to install iTunes and it display message saying that I could not until I installed QuickTime, although it would not allow me because in some way I was missing a key file within QuickTime on the way to install it as a result I look something like furthermore found a QuickTime alternating program(QuickTime alternative). You can find this easily from codec sites. This program allows me to somehow to install the regular QuickTime as well as iTunes. Allowed me somehow to install the regular QuickTime and iTunes.