Thread: Safari does not open after updating the firewall

Safari does not open after updating the firewall

I have a Mac pro with a Vmfusion and a windows service pack 3 operating system . I have VMware installed so that I can run windows operating system on my Mac. I have both Mozilla Firefox and Safari web browsers installed. Both worked well and good till yesterday. But after I updated my security toll named CA security suite my safari web browser does not open once I double click it's icon, although Mozilla works fine but I like Safari more than Firefox. I checked the settings in my security suite but could not isolate the problem .Can any one guide me on this issue.

Re: Safari does not open after updating the firewall

You said you have a MAC pro and windows operating systems. I think you might have the VMware installed in your system. You said you updated a security suite recently , I think that updated version is conflicting with the the safari web browser and is not letting the browser to open up. I think in that case you can use Mozilla firefox, which you have already installed. But if you love Safari so much and to use it you can risk even with the security of the system, then you can uninstall the updated version of firewall system and work with the Safari. You can install some other Antivirus.

I have heard the the sort of issue before too. Sounds strange but never thought that installing any firewall or security suite can affect the performance of web browser. I too think CA security suite is causing the problem in your and stops the .exe file of the web browser to execute. You are advised to uninstall the current security system in your system and try some new one. Install Microsoft Essential Suite, I think now it will work fine and and your system will remain secure as well.

Very few people notice that If you have OSX , Safari causes some issues in java enabled websites.After updating to Mac OS X 10.3.9, some systems may have issues with Java applications and Java-enabled websites when using Safari. Safari may unexpectedly quit, and standalone Java applications may unexpectedly quit or not launch. This update resolves that issue.
    Resolution and Verification of the issue :
    • Go to the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.
    • Open Terminal.
    • Type: java -version.
    • Press Return.

If this issue affects your computer, you will get the the message, "Segmentation fault" (if not, try this instead). To resolve the issue, download and install the Java Update for Mac OS X v10.3.9, or let Software Update select it for you automatically.