Thread: After starting Safari 5, it immediately closes on Windows 7 64 bit boots

After starting Safari 5, it immediately closes on Windows 7 64 bit boots

I am using desktop computer running on windows 7 64 bit, most of the time I use it for browsing the web, for that I am using Safari 4 browser. But from yesterday onward when i installed Safari 5 on my computer, I start getting problem with it that is, when i start safari 5 it stays for a while and get closes, previously I was using Safari 4 as my default browser and that was working fine. I am getting issues only with this version of safari browser. I completely not have any idea about this, if anyone having suggestion on this then please reply and also tell me how I can install it on my computer. Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Daamodar; 13-11-2010 at 07:50 PM.

re: After starting Safari 5, it immediately closes on Windows 7 64 bit boots

I have gone through your question and think before launching safari 5 for browser on your computer, you should clear web caches of Safari browser using reset Safari option. Even if the problem is remain same, then disable plug-ins which is in the safari preference or you can remove them directly from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/, /username/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/. I think that by doing one of these settings you can avoid Safari from closing. I hope this information may help you.

I have seen that many of the peoples getting this problem while starting of Safari 5 browser. There can be several reasons for this, and one of the main reasons is faulty installation of the browser. Because when you do the installation of any programs and if it not completed properly then I think you cannot run it. In my recommendation, you should uninstall all your installed versions of the browser and again do the fresh installing of Safari 5 for browsing it.

I was getting same problem while trying to browse my safari browser on my apple computer. And to overcome this issue you should delete a file from your Windows7. That file name is com.apple.Safari.plist, In my system this file is located in Apple Computer\Preferences\ folder. I think you can find this in your browser folder. After deleting this file from my computer, I can then operate my browser without any interruptions. If you are having any other query then reply me.

In my point of view, if you cannot browse using Safari 5 then, why don’t you use Safari 4? Because i have seen that many of the Safari users are satisfy with Safari 4, and most of people who are using version 5 of Safari, facing many trouble at the time browsing. I am using Safari 4 from past few months on my Windows 7 64 bit and it is going well without any issue. Safari 5 is supported by windows 7 then also there are many issues raises related to it. Using Safari 4 you can browse flawlessly. Go and enjoy with Safari 4 browser.