Thread: Apple Safari 5 with My eBay Manager extension

Apple Safari 5 with My eBay Manager extension

I am using this Macbook Pro from last on year and my default browser to surf trough an internet is Safari. I was using the My eBay Manager extension with this browser. Recently I upgraded my browser with the Safari 5.0.1 and then installed the My eBay Manager extension. On clicking the toolbar icon, I am prompted for sign in which does not have any problem for signing me in. But when I am clicking on the same icon again then It is prompting me the same sign in page. What is the problem with this new version of browser?

Re: Apple Safari 5 with My eBay Manager extension

For folks who are passionate to do transactions on eBay, the new myEbay extension for Safari is now the permit to get your online auctioning to the one step ahead. First off, installing is very much simple. Just navigate Safari to http://extensions.apple.com and you will locate myEbay as an featured extension on the webpage. Click on the extension! One time you have installed the extension followed by signed in, it will illustrate all the existing activity split into two categories: Active and Ended. Moreover you can filter it by: Bidding, Watching, Selling or All. There is a particular button for taking you directly on the eBay homepage.

I think you must be using an older version of the My eBay Manager extension on your latest version of the Apple Safari browser due to which you might not be able to use this extension properly. I suggest you to download the latest extension from its official website and then install it. Now you may try to use the same with your upgraded browser and check that it works with the same problem or not. Make sure that you uninstall older extension completely before installing the new one.

As this is the new version of Safari launched by the Apple which is made in such way that any developer can make their personal extensions and tweak up with the browser's functionality. I think it will take some time for an Apple to resolve an issues with this browser as there are huge number of extensions for such a popular browser. But as My eBay Extension is listed in the top five extension for the latest version of the Safari browser then it is obvious that it must be having compatible version of an extension. You just need to install it.

It might be some other thing which might be logging you out each time when you refresh the eBay Page on your safari browser. I have seen such behavior of the browser when there is some kind of viruses installed on the machine which does not let your browser work with its proper functionality. I suggest you to scan your whole macbook with a good anti virus software and remove if there are any viruses on your machine.

I don't think that it is easy to infect the mac os x but still there are possibility that even mac os x can gets infected. But there is one more thing which is for your macbook's safety but sometime it becomes headache when you access such webpages on your machine. Actually firewall is a thing which stops your browser from running such pages. I suggest you to disable of your macbook and then check that you are getting logged out again and again or not.

Some extensions developed by independents are not present: the site is brand new and only a small number of people have been able to submit their application on time. It recalls that with this gallery, Apple is not exhaustive, but wants instead to highlight the best extensions, with an approval system similar to the App Store. Safari was updated to 5.0.1 to facilitate the installation of extensions. Other changes are more than minor, This update in addition includes improvements for constancy, ease of access and safety, mainly associated to: most excellent result functionality in the address field, the synchronization of CSS animations, exercising keyboard shortcuts in Safari reader, scrolling in MobileMe Mail, the display of items from multiple pages in drive Safari.