Thread: "Save as" ability lost in Quicktime 7 Pro

"Save as" ability lost in Quicktime 7 Pro

I have recently upgraded to Quicktime 7 Pro on my Snow Leopard computer. As we all know that it allows you to convert/edit/share your media files but the problem is that I am unable to save the file which has been produced after edition. I tried saving with "save as" option but that didn't worked. Can you help me out in solving this problem? And can you explain me how can Quicktime 7 Pro loose its ability of "save as"?

Re: "Save as" ability lost in Quicktime 7 Pro

This problem seems to be strange. Could you tell us if you are getting any error message or any other pop ups when you are trying to save the file by using "save as" option? What happens when you click on it? Moreover, when did this problem started happening to you? Did you recently downloaded or installed something apart from Quicktime 7 Pro? If not then may be Quicktime 7 Pro installation was corrupted and you have to reinstall it once again on your computer.

Certainly there is no error messages or pop-ups. I am simply returned to the video when I click on the "Save as" option. However, when I click on close to get out of it I am asked if I want to save the changes. If I click on Yes, the file is overwritten but the file size is still left unchanged. My requirement is to create a new file which is not happening.

I suppose this problem is related to your permissions. I think the location at which you are trying to write or save the file, you do not have write access over there. Make sure you have the proper rights for the location at which you want to save the file. If you don't know then try to save the file is some different location, may be by varying the folder or drive name itself.

I think this problem is with the latest version of Quicktime 7 Pro which you are running on your computer. Even I had a friend who noticed a similar kind of problem. I then advised him to uninstall that version of Quicktime 7 Pro and reinstall the previous version. This solution worked like a charm for him. I would recommend you to follow the same procedure if that works. And you should even report about this problem to Apple so that they can improve their software and solve the technical problem which the users are facing with their software. I am sure if they will find a lot of people are having such kind of problem then they will definitely try to fix this as soon as possible.

hello i have a saving problem as well with my Quicktime 7 pro. It keeps on saying: "The end of the file was reached"

What's that suppose to mean and what should i be doing to be able to save things again?

This kind of error is noticed when there is inconsistency in the file which you are using or it is incomplete. This can be possible that the file which you are using is corrupt. If possible then install the VLC player and watch the file in the same. If it is showing any error then your file is not proper. Check the movie clip is complete or not.

yes, the movie clip is complete and is not corrupt, but still can't save it

ok, I'll tell you exactly what i'm doing

1st-i put a few videos with the same format together to make one video
    2nd-i delete some bits which i don't want
    3rd-i try to save it

but doesn't work

so exactly where is the problem, my videos or the quicktime 7 pro software itself?

Did you try to use the "I" and "O" keys to set "In" and "Out" points for the content you wish to keep/use and save it as an independent file. Click the Save button and, in the dialog box that comes up, choose “Save as a self-contained movie.” It gets messy if you don’t choose this setting, so make sure you don’t skip it before continuing. Click Save once more and you will have a merged movie created entirely.