Thread: Safari 5 crashing with installed extensions

Safari 5 crashing with installed extensions

I installed Safari 5 on my Microsoft Windows computer running XP PRO with Service Pack 3 ; I as well had Firefox installed and was using numerous extensions and add-on there. Later than using Safari 5 for a day I installed a figure of extensions. Two were as well installed on Firefox; “Feedly” and “LastPass”; no idea if this has something to do with something. Shortly later than this I started having troubles with both Firefox and Safari crashing. Finally I just uninstalled Firefox until I got Safari steady but I have not been able to do that. It is still crashing each 40", sometimes additional frequently. The error message says: Safari has encountered a surprising complexity and needs to terminate. While I click on the Details link it says Error Signature App name Safari.exe.

Re: Safari 5 crashing with installed extensions

I also have same problem. My safari 5 is also crash. And it shows something like this: It says Application name: Safari exe and after that it shows the version. No additional name or Mod name is displayed. More information I tried disabling every of the extensions and the crashes blocked. Afterward I re added Last Pass and so far it have been okay. I am going to insert a hardly any more extensions at a time and notice what occurs. I still don't have a hint if this is actually an answer or just an accident. Not understood what to do next? Anyone have any idea? Please help me to sort out this.

Had the similar trouble with a completely unbalanced Safari, had 4 extensions installed but not one is activated. Removed all of them, the browser seems to be steady for the instant. Will do the similar on my Macs, it is superior having a consistent and quick browser than a browser which will crash while you have more than 10 tabs opened.

Some time before I was thoughts about this and I attempted to uninstall some extensions I received. And it really worked. I think that the update for extensions I did some days before tacked place this trouble not the extensions themselves. Now I installed extensions back and the whole thing is no problem, like previous. It looks like an extension related trouble is expected to cause a user account precise trouble as well. May this must help you to solve your problem or in other word if I say then this is must solve your problem. So good luck.
    Last edited by Henryosa; 13-11-2010 at 05:52 AM.