Thread: How to send large files to friends over the internet?

How to send large files to friends over the internet?

Guys, I want to send a file which is of large size to one of my friends. He lives across the country So I cannot give him the file directly with any external medium. I am using a fast 30/5 cable connection and on other end my friend has a a 5/2 cable connection. So I want to ask you what will be the best and the safest way to send that file to him? This file is about 5gigs in size and therefore and this will be very large to send it by email. If I am using the site like rapidshare then also I found that they are very slow. So if you know any way to obtain more direct connection of two computers then please let me know. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: How to send large files to friends over the internet?

If you want to send the large file to your friend over internet then I would like to tell you that there are many programs like AIM or MSN that can be used to send that file. If you want more reliable way then you can setup a FTP server and from that you can send the file. You go for any solution but it is more dependent on the up-stream broadband speed. You can also consider the USPS and this is the fastest though.

There is a site called “fileapartment.com”. This is a very good site to send large file to any address. There is no restriction on sending file, you just have to select the plan and upload the file. You can use this to send file for free up to 1 GB and if you want to send file more that 1 GB then you have to pay for that. Here are the some good points about this.
    • It is free up to 1 GB.
    • It is very easy to use.
    • It does not need any software download or registration.
    • It provides very fast processing.
    • It is free safe and secur

OK, you can use the above mentioned site for sending the file but when it comes to my case then I like to prefer "sendtoperson.com" to send large file to anyone. As you told in your post that you have to send file about 5 GB then I would like to tell you that it provides 2 gigs at a time. So if you want to send that with this then you can split the files in pars and make each part less than 2 gigs. You can use the file split utility to do that. After that this will allow you to send the file safely over internet. This service is web browser based and do not require any software to install on client side.

You will not found ant spam or ads. You will be able to create your account for free and can send your file. The target user whom you are sending the file will get an email along with a link from where he will be able to download the file. On the other end you will also get an acknowledgment that the file is downloaded. This is the best way that I can recommend you and again the choice is yours. Thanks.

I am using software named shazzle to send large or big file attachment on the network. You can also download this software from here and install that to your computer. You will find that it is very easy to use and very reliable for sending the files to someone on internet.

I would like to tell you that it is free software that helps us to synchronizes, streamlines, and enriches the whole thing that people do online. It provides us the peer to peer file sharing, chatting, and other functionality like social networking. This has a graceful user interface that is very easy to use. It is about 35 MB of file that can be downloaded in minutes but that is depend on the speed of your net.

You can also visit the 1fichier.com to send file. There are many sites that provides this service as posted above but among that, if I talk about the best one then I found the “1fichier.com” as best. It allows us to host the files that are up to 10GB. As you told that you have to send file of size 5 gigs then this will be best option for you because here you don’t have to split your files. And you don’t have to install any client side application.

P2P file transfer tool will be the best way for you to send the file to anyone via internet. This provides a direct connection between two computers and you can send the file online. It does not include any server while transferring the file. There is no restriction on the size of the file that you want to send but the main think for this is that both the sender and the receiver should be online at the same time to send and receive the file which is obvious. You will get all the P2P services for free.

Quote Originally Posted by first-born View Post
    Guys, I want to send a file which is of large size to one of my friends. He lives across the country So I cannot give him the file directly with any external medium. I am using a fast 30/5 cable connection and on other end my friend has a a 5/2 cable connection. So I want to ask you what will be the best and the safest way to send that file to him? This file is about 5gigs in size and therefore and this will be very large to send it by email. If I am using the site like rapidshare then also I found that they are very slow. So if you know any way to obtain more direct connection of two computers then please let me know. I will be thankful to all the replies.
    So, if you have good connection (in terms of upload), the best way is direct file transfer. There are several providers. I personaly prefer click2copy - it is fast, free of use, no any limits. And.. it is probably the only one internet provider who doesn't relay your data over the third-party server. If you know another one - let me know.