Thread: Choppy Scrolling in Internet Explorer On Windows 7

Choppy Scrolling in Internet Explorer On Windows 7

Hi friends, I have the latest configuration on my Personal computer with AMD Athlon processor. While surfing the web pages on the browser some time my scroll becomes Choppy. Scroll bar is not working smoothly. Its sometime irritates while surfing the internet. It seems that it is refreshing each time to display the information. Some time I push the mouse scroll button inward and then aim up fast, it works normally. While it’s choppy it takes more time scroll the page. Please help what to do.

Re: Choppy Scrolling On Windows 7

Check for the Internet settings. Your internet setting won’t be proper, check this. Go to the Internet option, in that go to the Advanced settings, in advanced setting go to browsing Option. Use smooth scrolling both checked and unchecked. Also update your drivers. If you are unable to find updated driver for your specific model of mouse, then driver of the latest mouse model may also work. hope this will help you out from your problem.

If your internet and mouse setting is proper, then the problem may be of drivers. Download the drivers and install the Mother Board Chipset Drivers in to your system. After completing the installation reboot your system. The problem is surely of your drivers. It is affecting your web page browsing scroll. Check whether your mouse driver is being installed properly. If still problem is occurring, then it may be your mouse problem.

Dr. V Guest

It seems to be choppy because of your graphics card driver problem. Install the graphic card drivers of which you have or somewhat related to your graphic drivers. If you have installed it, then check the mouse settings. Go to the mouse properties by ticking it in tick box of “Scroll in Active Window Only”. Or it may also depend on the CPU usage. If your CPU usage goes high then also problem exists. This may fix it if not then it may be your hardware problem.

My suggestion to you is to install the drivers for video card. There are many drivers site. Upload it and install it into your system. Also make sure you also disableIPv6. There is an option to disable it. I don’t have proper idea of it. How to disable it? If you are using the Firefox then try about: config then search for IPv6. Once you find the entry that says disable IPv6 false. Change it to true by double clicking. This will help you scrolling on web pages.