Thread: Alternate option for Aircel GPRS ?

Alternate option for Aircel GPRS ?

Last month I purchased the Aircel SIM card. It has a very nice service for making calls but the most important thing for which I bought it was the use of internet. I don’t have internet connection in my home because I cannot pay more then rs 300 for that. They took about 15 days to activate that and finally when the SIM get activated then I activated GPRS in that. I found that the internet speed is very slow. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes to load a single page.
    Here are the problems that I am facing:
    • Is gets disconnected after every 5 to 15 minutes.
    • It gives the speed of about 0.200 bites which is very poor.
    • Sometimes I have to wait for about 110 to 15 minutes to open a single page.

If you have any suggestion for this problem then please post your suggestion here. I will really appreciate any helpful suggestion. Thank you.

Re: Alternate option for Aircel GPRS ?

I cannot understand that why you are getting low GPRS speed. I am also using the Aircel GPRS and I found that the speed is very good. It gives me the speed of around 12Kbps and which is not bad. Speed of your GPRS also depends on the area from where you are accessing the internet. Just check the speed in other areas also and see whether it gives some difference in speed. There are two plans for the Aircel GPRS that you can select.
    • Rs. 14 : This will give you GPRS access for 3 days and Unlimited GPRS.
    • Rs. 98 : This is valid for 1 month and you will also get rs 20 talktime.

I am also using the AIrcel pocket internet from last 4 months. I have activated the plan for rs. 98 / month. I am getting the speed of about 50 to 60 kbps. I think that this speed is all right for the Rs 98 unlimited offer. There is possibility that you have not set the GPRS setting properly and therefore you are getting slow connection. Try to get the GPRS settings again from aircel. Delete the existing settings and after that call Aircel customer care. Ask them for the settings. Tell them the handset that you are using. Save the settings and restart your phone. Try to access the internet and see whether it increases your speed or not?

Why are you searching for the solution for this? Directly contact the Aircel customer care. Tell then the problem that you are facing. It may be problem from their side. See the customer care number from the manual guide and cal them. They will tell you t5he exact problem for slow GPRS connection. This will be the best way to get the answer for the question that you have posted above.

GPRS is like Dial-Up connection and I think that you should not aspect more from it. If you are using the class 10 phone then you will get the speed of around 8 to 9 kbps. Speed of the GPRS is also depending on the time when you are browsing. If you try to access it at 8 pm then you will get slower speed because there is more traffic on internet. I usually connect that at about 10 pm and the speed is quite satisfactory. You should also try to access t at different time and se when you are getting better speed. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

If you are thinking to change the provider that you are using then the best option is the Airtel. You have to do a top up recharge of rs 98 and this will activate the GPRS on your number for 30 days. But there is a limit for it. You will get 2 GB download for the month. You can also do multiple recharges and this will increase the limit in multiple of 2. The main advantage with this is that you can use handset as a modem and connect it with your computer and access the internet from your desktop. To do this you need to have the PC suit for your mobile installed in your computer. There is some simple settings that you have to do in that and you will get that settings from the customer care. I am using this and I think that this has the satisfactory speed of GPRS. Thank you.

There is software available on internet that will help you to increase the speed of the internet. The name for the software is Internet Cyclone. Search for this on internet and download that to your computer. Install this software in your computer. This will increase the speed of the internet that you using. This is a good, powerful and easy-to-use, Internet Optimizer* / Internet Accelerator. This will work for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP and will optimize the settings for the Windows and boost the internet connect for you.

Hi all,
    If you want to boost the internet speed for the Aircel GPRS then you can try the following steps.
    1. First of all you have to go to the control panel and open the Network connection from there.
    2. Select the mobile connection option from there and select the properties.
    3. Press the configure button from the general tab.
    4. Search for the "Maximum speed(bps)" and change that value to 921600.
    5. Finally restart the browser.

There may be the problem with the browser that you are using. You can try to use any other browser. Search for that and download it. Install that to your computer and use that browser. In my case I am using the OperaMini browser. I found that it is giving me more speed than the Internet Explorer. I hope changing the browser solve the problem for you.