Thread: Unable to edit my profile on windows live

Unable to edit my profile on windows live

Hello,
    I am using windows live on my machine. Yesterday i was trying to access the windows live profiles and i was only able to connect to the email, but i was not able to perform the additional services which are being provided by windows live. I am not able to change my profile pictures. I use the Firefox browser for accessing this. Every time i try to connect, it gives me an error message. I have also tried it on internet explorer and even on the safari, but getting the same error message. Do any one know why am getting this error message? Can you suggest me any solution for this problem. Please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Unable to edit my profile on windows live

Well i will advise you to do the following things.
    • Try to open this on other computer.
    • Try using the different internet connection.
    • You can also look to open it on you mobile phone.
    • Try to reinstall the windows live messenger.

Try out all this and see what you get as the output i.e. whether it is solving your problem or not. I think that it should work for you.

I am getting the same problem on my laptop. I am facing this from the last 1 week. The problem is that when i try to edit my profile it always makes me log out. When i again login and try to do the editing it again does the same thing of logging me out. I am using Firefox as my browser. I have tried the above solution and still getting the same problem. Is there anyone who knows why i am getting this problem? Can you suggest me the solution for this problem? Please help me out.

I want to ask you one thing that has you ever tried to optimizing your Browser? I will advise you to do this thing, because this will make sure that the problem is with the browser or something else. Try this out; it will definitely solve your issue. Even i had faced the same problem on my system and after doing the optimization my problem was solved. So i hope that it will solve your issue as well.

You can go for this solution -
    1. Try to remove the temporary files from your browser.
    2. Delete all the cookies from there.
    3. You have to click Restore advanced settings by going into the advance tab for IE 7 and for the IE 6 you have to click on Restore Defaults by going into the advance tab.
    4. You have to click on the Security tab, then on the Internet icon, then on Default Level
    5. After doing this click apply.

Try all this settings and then see what you get.

Thanks for the help. I have tried to optimizing my browser and even i tried to reinstall the windows live messenger. After doing this my problem was solved. Now i am able to edit my profile on windows live and even it is not giving me any error message. It was really a wonderful solution as it helped me in solving the issue. I would once again like to thank to all those who have spend their precious time in giving me the reply.