Thread: Error in adding .mov videos to Windows Live Movie maker

Error in adding .mov videos to Windows Live Movie maker

Hello friends, yesterday i shot a video using my Cannon PowerShot webcam. The videos that i shot from my webcam are in .mov format with a high resolution option selected. Now the thing is, i wanted to edit some part of the video and when i started editing the video using windows movie maker, the movie maker showed some error in using this video. Can someone tell me where the error is because as far as i am concerned movie make does suppot .mov video format files. Can some one give me a solution for this kind of a problem.

First of all is your video running on windows media player, if not then you might have to convert the video in the format that supported by windows media player. Because windows movie maker will also support the file that windows media player can play it. If even after the conversion the windows movie maker is unable to open the video then it might be that your windows movie maker is corrupted and you again have to install a fresh copy of it to see whether it works for you or not.

Well i suppose that windows live movie maker is not designed to play .mov video file. Microsoft has not added the features of playing .mov files even in windows media player. You can play this video in other video players like VLC player, K-Lite etc. Then once it is certain that the videos are playing properly then you can use different kinds of video editor to edit the videos the way you want.
    This are some list of video converters.
    • VirtualDub
    • VirtualDubMod
    • Sony Vegas Movie Studio
    • Avid DS
    • Media Composer

Even i am facing the same problem with my windows live movie maker. First of all the videos which I play using windows live movie maker are of low quality. Since i have downloaded the windows live media, now all my videos are been played under windows live media. Also, sometimes while the video is being played the windows live movie maker freezes and i have to again restart my pc. Is this the problem of windows live or some other problem. Can some one help me to find the solution for this problem.

I think your problem is that while downloading the windows live movie maker or using it some of the codes of the software might have got lost. So your windows live movie maker is unable to add or play .mov video files. So to overcome this problem all you need to do is to again install a fresh copy of the software and then see adding the video in the movie maker again.