Thread: After updating the firefox software it became slow

After updating the firefox software it became slow

Hello,
    I have Acer laptop and i use it in order to access the internet. I am having Firefox browser on my system and running Windows XP OS on it. When i updated my Firefox software i started getting the slow internet speed on my browser. I am not able to understand this problem, because have never faced such problem. Is there anyone who has knowledge about this problem? I require your support in order to increase my browser speed. Please do provide me the suggestion on this issue. Hope that you will provide me the appropriated one.

Disable all the Firefox add-ons.

I think that while update the browser some new add-ons have might be enabled in your browser. There may be case that these add-ons might be causing the problem. So i will advise you to do the following things.
    1. Try to disable all the Firefox add-ons.
    2. Even try to restart Firefox.
    3. Once your problem is being fixed, then try to add the add-ons one by one.
    4. Doing this will help you to detect the add-ons which was causing the problem.
    5. Don't add the add-ons which were causing the problem.

You are done with this. Try this out and see the output you get. I feel that it will solve the issue.

Try remove the temporary internet files from the browser

Even i had faced the same problem with my Firefox browser. I was able to fix the issue successful. So you also try this out.
    • First you can remove the temporary internet files from the browser.
    • After doing that try to remove the cookies from the browser.
    • You can also go for the re-installation of the browser software.
    • You can also try to disable the add-ons.

Doing all this fixes will definitely help you in solving your problem and i feel that you browser speed will come back to normal. Hope it helps to you.

Re: After updating the firefox software it became slow

I will advise you to run the Firefox in safe mode, because in the safe mode at the startup it automatically disables all your add-ons and other features as well. I feel that a recent update may have caused the problem. So you can go for this solution of running the Firefox in safe mode. Even i have solved my problem using this solution. Hope it helps.

Problem not getting solved even after disabling the add-ons

I have tried to follow all the solution which is given above. Trying all this did not help me out. I am still facing the same problem on my browser. i have tried to disable the add-ons , even i have tried to reinstall the Firefox and also tried to run the Firefox in the safe mode, but none of them were able to solve my problem. Now i am felling very much frustrated as i am not able to solve my issue. So can you provide me some other solution for solving it out, please help me out. I would also like to thank all for providing the support.