Thread: hotmail Sign-in is blocked

hotmail Sign-in is blocked

I have the problem with my hotmail account. It has blocked the Sign-in for my account. I want to unblock it but I don’t know the way to do that. Some of my friends are telling that I have to wait for few days and this will unblock it automatically. If that is the only solution then for how many days I have to wait? If there is anyone who has faced this problem or have the solution for this then please suggest me. There are some important emails that are going to come on my account ID and I am not able to access that. Please post the solution for this as early as possible. Thank you.

Change the password for your account

I think that you have to reset the password for your Windows Live Hotmail account. You can follow the steps below steps to change the password.
    1. First of all open the hotmail website.
    2. There you will be able to see the link for the forgotten password. Just click on that link.
    3. This will redirect you to a new page where you have to enter the address for the Windows Live ID for which you want to reset the password.
    4. Type the character that you see in the box.
    5. Click on continue.
    6. Click on Use my question to confirm my identity.
    7. After that you have to enter the proper account information and give answer to your question. Click continue button.
    8. Once you are done with this then you have to type the new password for yourself and click on continue.

If you follow the steps above then you will be able to change the password successfully.
    Last edited by johnson22; 27-10-2010 at 11:37 AM.

clear the cookies from the computer.

This problem may be caused by the cookies in your computer. Cookies are the small chunk of information that is stored in your computer from the websites. This is stored because next time is you visit that site again then the site can identify you with the help of that cookie. You should delete all the cookies from your computer. You can try to access that with some other web browser which has clear cashes and all the cookies cleared.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

visit Windows Live Solution Center

If you want to get the exact answer for this problem then you should contact the Windows Live Solution Center. You can report this issue over there and you will get the best answer from them. This will be the best option for you to resolve the problem. If you want to visit Windows Live Solution Center then click on the link below.

Visit Windows Live Solution Center.

Re: hotmail Sign-in is blocked

i cant access my hotmail because it has been blocked,
    and the certificate code send to the alternative email address that i have not it now.
    i delete cookies.
    and i try to reach my account from another browser and another computer and another network but i cant access my account now.
    what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by shokoofe View Post
    i cant access my hotmail because it has been blocked,
    and the certificate code send to the alternative email address that i have not it now.
    i delete cookies.
    and i try to reach my account from another browser and another computer and another network but i cant access my account now.
    what should i do?
    Verify your account with a mobile number (only available in limited markets at this time): https://sms.live.com

If you are unable to verify using the SMS validation, please submit your request here (Select "Hotmail" from the product dropdown list, click “Continue” and select: Error: "Your account has been temporarily blocked") and one of our moderators will help you.

thank u spyrus,
    but i did this job several times.
    and i fall in the loop!!!
    i do this and the page ask me the password and when i type the password, tell me that my account is blocked again and for unblock send a verifiacation code to another email that i have not it now,
    I did not encounter the link that you say,
    i did tested this way but i cant contact to the moderator as you say
    1- the verification code sent by sms ( i cant use this way)
    2- the verification code sent to alternative email (that i cant access to it)
    3-????
    please help me

i follow the customer support link and ask me which mail that i want to recover it
    i type my hotmail
    and ask me which mail that i want to send the verification code?
    i type another email
    then show me :
    There's a temporary problem

There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later.