Thread: Unable to download Skype for Mac OS

Unable to download Skype for Mac OS

I am using an apple imac for last few months and recently i have upgraded from panther to tiger. The problem is that i am not able to download skype on my imac. I have the system requirements, but when I click the download button it flashes to a page, then straight back to the download page with nothing happening. However this is the first time i am downloading skype on my imac so dont know whether its a O.S problem or something else. Can some one help me out with this problem.

Re: Unable to download Skype for Mac OS

You can try to use various option to solve this problem .
    1 First of all which browser are you, if its a normal internet browser then try with different browsers such as firefox or safari etc. See if you could able to download it correctly and completely.
    2 If it dosent happens than i guess its a Tiger problem since you had recently upgraded the pc to it. So you can even to load a new version of the os software and see it that works out for you.

Since you dont know what the problem exactly is, i would suggest you that instead of formatting the imac you should first contact the developer and ask if they are having any problem from their site. It could be that the problem is in the download link itself. Also ask them if they can provide with any alternative sites for downloads so that you can access that and try if the sorts out the issue.

Since you are getting the option of the "download this file" but you are not able to download then you must go to the "Download By Clicking here" point and then Cntrl+Click on the "Download" button to get a drop-down menu and choose "Download Linked File". See if its get download if not then you can right click on the "Download" button and choose " Save target As". Even if this dosent works then you have to format your imac.