Thread: Hotmail alternate email invalid

Hotmail alternate email invalid

I am trying to make a new account in hotmail. I am working for first time on hotmail so not get complete idea what to do. Now I always have the identical issues. I get pop ups that my alternate email address is invalid. And I am sure its valid, and that it was properly spelled. I checked it 4 to 5 times but still cant get solution. I have tried many different emails and none seem to work. I am not able to understand the actual issue, So thought to post the query. Please help me to solve my query.
    Last edited by Gun-master; 22-10-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Re: Hotmail alternate email invalid

If you are using a Yahoo! mail account for your alternate address that is why you are being told that it is an invalid email id. You have to use other Ids like hotmail or g-mail. Try this this will must solve your problems. If this will not solve your your problems than try this one. If you have received any verification email with the code and you have followed the correct instructions, but still received an error that your email address did not match, it is possible that you have used a different email address than the one you entered. If entered addresses are different, the verification won't work properly. One think must remember that You cannot verify your "@yahoo.com" email address. Your alternate email address is must be non-Yahoo! address you specified when you registered for your account.

hi! Why are you locked out? Did you forget your Email id or password or do you think someone has access to your account, Like are you the Wounded of a phishing scam. If you have not control to your account you can try the link to report a security vulnerability to Microsoft. If your email id is more important than there is Hotmail customer service phone number 1.800.386.5550. Yahoo can fix accounts if you mail them your drivers license details. I am actually not completely sure offhand if MSN or Hotmail will be able to do the same or not. So my advice is that just conform once.
    Last edited by johnson22; 22-10-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Check your spelling that you are entered, or to be more safe, just copy and paste your email address to make sure the spelling is proper. Sometimes, check the .com or any other extensions that you are using, there should there's no full stop,dot or any other letters after the word com. Just try this. If it still not solve your problem, better way is try another email address, You register for a new fresher ID or do it all over again. And one more thing must remember that never give your password to anyone. Because this is also the one problem comes. so always be careful.

Here the solution of your Problem. Just visit https://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?lc=1033 (this is a Microsoft owned site who is of passport.net from DNSstuff.com) login with your Hotmail username (i.e. xyz@hotmail.com) and your proper password. Click on "Credentials", verify your password, and then enter your NEW alternative email address twice. Here you have to enter the same email address both time. If you enter different email address you get error. You cannot view your old alternative email address because of the security reasons. This is the best way to change your alternate email id if you forget your old email id.
    Last edited by deveritt; 22-10-2010 at 01:45 AM.