Thread: Want to use IPSec over UDP connections

Want to use IPSec over UDP connections

Hi,
    I am using Snow Leopard. The problem is that Cisco VPN client which is being built-in Snow Leopard, it can only connects using IPSec over TCP. This thing is causing problem fro using IPSec over UDP connections.I done have any sort of idea related with this issue. Do any one have any idea how the UDP support might be enabled? If yes then please provide me the appropriate help. I want to have the solution as early as i can. I hope that there would be at least one person who can solve my issue. Thanks
    Last edited by Tiger Memon; 20-10-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Re: Want to use IPSec over UDP connections

Even i am having the same problem with VPN. When i installed the Snow Leopard, then i was not able to use my old Cisco connection. I have tried several solutions fro solving this issue, but of them have helped me out. even i tried to create a new VPN, but even this did not helped me. I am now looking for different solution which can solve my issue. Is there any one who can provided me some fix on this topic? I am greatly looking fro that. I am open to suggestion, so please help me out.

According to me the latest virtual private network client from Cisco is working well with IPsec over UDP. Initial when i installed Snow Leopard, then i was not getting the built-in VPN to connect, but my problem was being solved as i installed this latest client from Cisco. After doing this installation now, i am able to connect using the Cisco client. I will recommend you to try this solution and see what you get after doing this try. I feel that it will definitely solve your issue. I you have any further queries then you can reply me.

I tried the solution given by Mr.ken. I did the same thing which you told me to do, but unfortunately i did not worked for me. I have installed the latest virtual private network client from Cisco and even i have updated the Snow Leopard, but it is of no use. Now i am very much frustrated with this problem as it is not being solve even after trying so many solutions. Do you have any other solution for this issue. Please suggest me a new solution as this is not solving my problem. I will be waiting for it. I also thank you for providing me the previous reply.

I am also facing the same problem with the Cisco IPSec connection in SL. The condition is that when i connect, then i get connected and it works fine for approximately 5 to 7 minutes and then again is back to the same. If i have to reconnect it, then i have to turn off airport and then only i am able to make the connection again with IPSec. Is anyone there who has a solution for this problem? I will greatly require your help on this problem, as i don't have much idea related with this issue. Thanks.

I want to know that the Cisco Client which you have installed is free one or not. The Cisco requires the customer to buy their copy as it is required for Vista-64. If it is free, then from where you have got that? Currently i am using a built-in version on my system and it is working for me. I am not sure that it will also work for you, but at least you can try it as it may work.